Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Iowa vs Ohio St Dual Predictions

Default Re: Iowa vs Ohio St Dual Predictions

Rewatched the match at 1:00 am -Demas got hosed , Heflin's stall was a joke , Campo sucked , Martin needs to stop tying up with anyone as he is cat quick , Both 184's were pathetic, courts had 2 deserved stalls and Lofthouse looks like Frankenstein's monster out there .I'd like to go back in time and wrestle Evans ! He'd try that back of the neck slap tie once and I'd slap his head gear so hard he'd be deaf the rest of the match. He reminds me of Logan Brown . Unless Campo was really ill i'd wrestle Magrum for a while . Triggas , Demas , Heflin and Capone were the only wrestlers to suck it up for tOSU.I'd usually be upset at Capone's back pedalins in the final seconds yet he beat a top hwt who out weighed him by 50 lbs and was so exhausted he took his singlet down and just lay on the mat !
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Oh, and Telford didnt deserve to win. If you don't have an offense you leave the other guy an opportunity to win in OT. Where's Erekson when you need him?
    I assumed Telford would take care of business, so I wound up turning things off after the match at 197.

Didn't know that Bobby was going to have one of his no shots matches.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I was made just as Evans made the shot attempt and Heflin blocked off again. I agree the refs were horrible but, they were bad. The kid Ramos wrestled only got one stall call is ridiculous and Heflin was pinned in overtime.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I assumed Telford would take care of business, so I wound up turning things off after the match at 197.

Didn't know that Bobby was going to have one of his no shots matches.
    He basically gave that match away; no interest in any leg attacks and he got sloppy on top.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

I wondered if the reason why the fall against Heflin wasn't called was because he was partly on the line or fully out of bounds?

The camera angle on BTN wasn't good so you couldn't say for sure, but he was definitely flat.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

This may be the funniest post of the year. Had me laughing out loud this morning. Good one VAIS!

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Clearly the true freshman starting for Iowa who has wrestled 15 matches in his career has peaked.

Doubtful he could improve.

Louden has been on fire lately.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I wondered if the reason why the fall against Heflin wasn't called was because he was partly on the line or fully out of bounds?

The camera angle on BTN wasn't good so you couldn't say for sure, but he was definitely flat.
    Agreed I remember watching that thinking that he MUST have been out because he was pinned even in HS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Russ, I watched the dual on TV last night after I got home from Iowa City. The stall call on Heflin was legit. It looked like horseshit on TV, but it was legit. The ref called stalling as Evans was attempting a shot, right before the reshot by Heflin. The ref was out of the picture on TV so you couldnt see it and they didnt talk about it on TV until after the flurry was over. So it looked bad on TV but it happened in the correct sequence in real life. I remember it clear as day because I was waiting for it. Heflin was going for the one point win by doing nothing and it bit him in the ass.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Capone looked like he was having an MI after match laying there trying to suck in air. Been there and done that! Reallly was hoping that an EMT would come over and check him out.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.