Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Midlands Championships: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Default Re: 2012 Midlands Championships: Predictions, Results, Discussion

DAM-there is another round of consis tonight-SHP shut his blog down !!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

thieke's a beast. didnt he and mango wrestle several times in greco? i do recall seeing theike win one of them. i was hoping for t-shirt to upset maple.

Lots of good performances by unattached wrestlers, especially the kids from Wisconsin. Their fans must be excited about next year!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by joony View Post
    thieke's a beast. didnt he and mango wrestle several times in greco? i do recall seeing theike win one of them. i was hoping for t-shirt to upset maple.

Wasn't that Spencer Mango, who runs roughshod over the division? Or did Thielke wrestle Ryan Mango in greco also?

As much time as he's spent knocking around the 55 and 60 kilo weights these last few years I'm sure he's run into both of them at least once, Spenser probably more so than Ryan though since Ryan hasn't wrestled as much greco since he's gotten off his RS year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Nice win by Hanke to get into the finals. I would have loved to of seen the Rutt vs Hamlin match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Wasn't that Spencer Mango, who runs roughshod over the division? Or did Thielke wrestle Ryan Mango in greco also?
    it was ryan. i think they wrestled in jr. divisions. spencer's a bit older. regardless, mango won. still impressed though. thielke was able to beat sentes, a grown dude in his early 20s. is thielke even 19 yet?

Just got back from Midlands and catching up on my "reading."

I'll go on record as saying (1) that there should be MUCH more talk on forums about Isaac Jordan than Cory Clark as a true freshman talent and (2) Adam Chalfant is a BEAST! I've never seen him before and man is that guy a ripped heavyweight!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    that there should be MUCH more talk on forums about Isaac Jordan than Cory Clark as a true freshman talent
    He had a great tournament, but "MUCH" I'm not sure about.

Pena, Peppelman, and Walsh is a nice grouping of wins but none of those guys (and I'm including Peppelman despite his All American finishes) have been above losing to guys they shouldn't during the course of their careers.

As for Clark the loss to Cullinan (who has suddenly gone out of his mind over the last month) takes a little shine off his tournament but he still beat Patterson and Sprenkle. I'll take those two wins along with his early season win over Delgado as a better triplet of wins than Jordan's at this tournament.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12