Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dake wbd Caldwell 4-1

Default Re: Dake wbd Caldwell 4-1

I know that this is a long running argument, I just think it's funny tha BB is using a 4-1 loss to prove his point. If Caldwell had, say, reversed Dake to his back, or found another way to win the match I could see it, but dude... he got an escape (eventually) and lost. I'm sure that was not his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    In fact, a little tidbit in all of this is that it was apparently John Smith's insistence that Caldwell take down in the next period.

So, if I'm an idiot for saying that both of them should have taken down, then I'm in a DERNED GOOD company of idiots, eh, folks?
    Nobody has been a better coach from the down position the last few years than John Smith. Compelling.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Never said it was impossible, simply that it was a retarded choice. And it was. Youre wrong, have been wrong and will continue to be wrong for as long as you decide to bring this up.
    If you didn't think that it was impossible, then why have you been arguing against him taking down for post after post? Obviously, you saw NO CHANCE-after the fact, of course-of Molinaro getting out, which is why you keep arguing your pernt.

Again, if I'm wrong, then I'm in DERNED good company with John Smith by my side!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Nobody has been a better coach from the down position the last few years than John Smith. Compelling.
    So, John Smith in the corner would have gotten Molinaro out then, right?

Compelling...

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    I know that this is a long running argument, I just think it's funny tha BB is using a 4-1 loss to prove his point. If Caldwell had, say, reversed Dake to his back, or found another way to win the match I could see it, but dude... he got an escape (eventually) and lost. I'm sure that was not his plan.
    You're missing the pernt. The pernt? When Dake rides you for a full period, you shouldn't take down the following period, as you have already "proven" that you can't get out from underneath him. Caldwell left some folks eating crow yesterday!

Sorry, folks, but my pernt was proven yesterday, like it or lump it.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    So, John Smith in the corner would have gotten Molinaro out then, right?

Compelling...
    Over your head. It was a shot at John Smith who has admittedly struggled getting guys out from bottom. Im saying hes not exactly the greatest evaluator of bottom ability from a coaching standpoint.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Forgive me for pointing out the obvious:
    Caldwell chose bottom and did score - his only point of the match.
    At the time of the choice, Caldwell had scored zero points in 3 minutes in neutral. He gave up 2 points from the top position in 10 seconds. In 1:50 on bottom, he had scored zero points.

At the beginning of the third period, I'd rate his choices as:
    Top - seems like a terrible choice
    Neutral - not looking good
    Bottom - looking the least bad so far

By the end of the match, he spent 3:13 on bottom he scored one point. In the 3:47 in any other position, he scored zero points and gave up two. (I'm not sure what the penalty was, apparently an illegal hold from bottom?)

I don't see taking bottom as being a particularly bad decision. Clearly his best choice would be wrestling anyone other than Kyle Dake, but I don't think the referee offered that choice.

It's a terrible choice, both times, because the best case scenario is that you score 1 point in 1 second. Both times you STILL have to score from neutral. THe odds of you escaping quickly, let alone in 1 second, are minimal. So basically you're minimizing your amount of time to score from neutral, which is a necessity. Time is more valuable than the escape point in both cases.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

CowboyWrestling twitter reporting that Caldwell just lost to Lear 4-3