Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eric Grajales INJ

Default Re: Eric Grajales INJ

I think at this point, and I'm thinking totally out of my own A$$, if he's burning out NOW not having to cut weight, I would imagine it would be worse if he did have to cut weight. You may be on to something though. Mario Mason kind of seems the same way. I guess I'm a little surprised Michigan can't dig someone up that can give Grajales a match in the wrestling room.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

michigan has a freshman at 141 (he beat out Dutton) and EVERYONE , including me , thought eric would be at 141 this year.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I think at this point, and I'm thinking totally out of my own A$$, if he's burning out NOW not having to cut weight, I would imagine it would be worse if he did have to cut weight. You may be on to something though. Mario Mason kind of seems the same way. I guess I'm a little surprised Michigan can't dig someone up that can give Grajales a match in the wrestling room.
    Well, maybe you're right about the weight cut, maybe his head isn't into it enough to cut the weight. But he looks out of shape, and not strong enough. He's a good wrestler but his frame will never be big enough for that weight class. So I think it looks like a weight cut would actually be beneficial, get him leaner and quicker like he used to be, get that fire back. It would be painful at first but once he got it managed I think he would feel and wrestle better. When he was on top of his game, he wasn't necessarily super technical (not that he's terrible technically by any means), it was more about nice quickness and explosions, more of a strength-based style than someone like Oliver. He can't go about it that way at 149.

Then again, if they got a kid at 141 who is beating Dutton, then maybe Grajales can't beat him or doesn't want to risk the cut down to try.

Honest question without trying to be snarky - do you folks actually KNOW that he's all these things you say and didn't get injured and/or just struggling? Or are you just speculating because he isn't getting the results you expected? Seems like a lot of vitriol for a guy who I don't recall having any public off the mat or personality issues...

Well put, Gantry....My thoughts exactly as I read this thread.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Honest question without trying to be snarky - do you folks actually KNOW that he's all these things you say and didn't get injured and/or just struggling? Or are you just speculating because he isn't getting the results you expected? Seems like a lot of vitriol for a guy who I don't recall having any public off the mat or personality issues...
    I'm just going off of how he looks now vs how he looked in the past. I have no idea about where his head is at, he just looks outgunned a bit, especially in the match that started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Well I didn't start the thread, I guess I just added my $.02 which I thought is what a thread was about? Maybe I have this whole "thread" thing misunderstood. That being said, I did specifically say I was thinking out of my own A$$.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Well, maybe you're right about the weight cut, maybe his head isn't into it enough to cut the weight. But he looks out of shape, and not strong enough. He's a good wrestler but his frame will never be big enough for that weight class. So I think it looks like a weight cut would actually be beneficial, get him leaner and quicker like he used to be, get that fire back. It would be painful at first but once he got it managed I think he would feel and wrestle better. When he was on top of his game, he wasn't necessarily super technical (not that he's terrible technically by any means), it was more about nice quickness and explosions, more of a strength-based style than someone like Oliver. He can't go about it that way at 149.

Then again, if they got a kid at 141 who is beating Dutton, then maybe Grajales can't beat him or doesn't want to risk the cut down to try.
    As with others, I thought that Grajales would go down to 141 this year. With Dutton transferring I assumed he stayed at 149 to make the team stronger. Now Dutton is RS'ing. Question: Did Jackson beat out Dutton, or did he take the spot because Dutton was already RS'ing? I thought it was the latter.

I don't know but now Jackson is coming off of being tech-falled last weekend, so what's up with that?