Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Default Re: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Looking through the quarterfinal match ups nothing sticks out as particularly surprising yet.

I at least am hoping that continues so we can get some of the sick possible matches in the semi's and the finals.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to figure out if I can sneak in some of the semis and finals while I'm at work tomorrow. Sucks to be going back to work when this is going on.

Down goes Thorn. I mentioned on Twitter that I thought Martinez couldn't be overlooked. Not sure if he was overlooked, but Thorn gave up too much in the 1st period, particularly riding time.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Gophers looking very sluggish. Last year I used jet lag as an excuse. Not sure if I can try that again.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Down goes Thorn. I mentioned on Twitter that I thought Martinez couldn't be overlooked. Not sure if he was overlooked, but Thorn gave up too much in the 1st period, particularly riding time.
    Just came and saw that...Second year in a row he's gotten knocked off at this tournament.

33 went chalk
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Citadel guy (I'm never going to type his name) winning them close.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Nestor Taffur (for God knows what reason) gets a TD over Dieringer to go ahead 4-3 with about 10 seconds left and immediately cuts him, Dieringer comes back and gets a clutch TD at the buzzer to win 6-4

Much to Roper's astonishment, Storley just pinned Luvsandorj in a tilt

Luvsandorj airmailed his head gear afterward

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Gophers looking very sluggish. Last year I used jet lag as an excuse. Not sure if I can try that again.
    If "sluggish" means that only two of their ten wrestlers have lost to this point, as a UNI fan, that's "sluggish" that I (or most teams) would KILL for.

Yikes!!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Just came and saw that...Second year in a row he's gotten knocked off at this tournament.

33 went chalk
    Thorns just sloppy and gives up his legs too much.

Guys get deep and he can't stop em.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.