Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Default Re: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Oliver will likely be in the thick of the Hodge race as well, and deservedly. But, it might be very hard not to give the Hodge to the winner of Dake vs Taylor III. (McD and Ruth will likely be in the hunt as well)

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Oliver will likely be in the thick of the Hodge race as well, and deservedly. But, it might be very hard not to give the Hodge to the winner of Dake vs Taylor III. (McD and Ruth will likely be in the hunt as well)
    I don't think you can give the Hodge to Taylor if he wins the 3rd matchup. On the other hand, I mistakenly thought for years that the most important criteria for the Hodge was number of pins/TFs with zero losses and that's not really the case.

Honestly I think that giving it to the winner of the 165 bracket will not get it unless it is Dake. Taylor would have had two losses (All star counts for the Hodge) and if Dake loses to Taylor (assuming he runs the table from here to the finals) he wouldn't be a national champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I was impressed that Penn St won the title with the Altons sitting it out. Great performances by Vollrath & English. Also, I think Lawson has to be considered the favorite to be the heavyweight going forward.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln