Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

Default Re: 2013 Southern Scuffle: Predictions, Results, Discussion

6:00 est
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Appears as if Mr 'content to win by 1 or 2' is pinning and winning big so far. Hope Dake takes this attitude onto the mat against Taylor or Caldwell in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    6:00 est
    Ugh... Not going to make it. That's 7am here, and I'm at least 40 min from somewhere with Internet
    Gold is an idiot.

Fro Minny, Little Dardenses wins in OT, Big Dardenses loses and Ness loses to Van Ohlen 10-5.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Appears as if Mr 'content to win by 1 or 2' is pinning and winning big so far. Hope Dake takes this attitude onto the mat against Taylor or Caldwell in the finals.
    The guys he has beaten at this tournament so far are guys he should be pinning and majoring. He should be able to put some points up against Sulzer as well (although admittedly I don't know anything about him other than his W-L record this year) so until I see him blow some top level guys up with points, I don't believe it will happen.

I am a Dake fan overall and I will root for him to beat Taylor. But I watched their exhibition match again recently and I have come to the conclusion that he got away with way too much from the refs in that match. He just was not bringing the action, did a ton of stepping back, I can't say I really remember a real shot from him. If that match had been the NCAA finals the refs would have dinged him up three or four times. Taylor wrestled Dake's match, and I think this time if he brings his 'A' game and wrestles his match Dake is going to be in for it. Ever since the exhibition match I'm sure Cael has been in Taylor's ear about opening it up against him so I think we will see just that this time around. Assuming they both make it to the finals, I think we see a ton of scrambling and some Dake points resulting from them but this time if Taylor keeps the pedal down I think he'll get the win by 4 or 5.

Aaaand Taylor beats Caldwell 10-0.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    74 wins for Taylor.
    68 by bonus.
    No win closer than 3 points.
    1 official loss, 1 exhibition loss to a legend.

Metcalf I know was not as dominant from a bonus point perspective, and I'd be interested to see Askren's first 2.5 years which definitely featured more losses, and I doubt as dominant.
    By comparison, this is Sanderson's first two years. I didn't calculate into the first half of his third season, simply because he had about the same number of matches (79) that Taylor has had after his first two seasons.

79 wins
    67 by major, TF, or pin (85% of all wins; 92% for Taylor)
    Two wins were by 1 point

Source is here 1998-1999 Results | Cael Sanderson .com - 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist, Only NCAA 4x Undefeated Champ, 159-0
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Taylor gets the major over Caldwell. What a weight class.

Anyone able to hook a brother up with full results? Can't access from work.