Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota vs Ok State

Default Re: Minnesota vs Ok State

I do NOT think that Z is going to man-handle our National Champion like he did last year. No way, Nelson is going to go upper-body with him. He will beat him on the mat.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

I agree, Nelson isn't going to his back. If I say it enough times, I may start to actually believe that. Actually, the longer this thing stays a "typical" heavyweight match, the more I like Nelson.
    Last edited by goferphan; 11-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

My prediction

Thorn TF Dorrell 0-5
    Dardanes Dec Morrison 0-8
    Dardanes MD Feikart 0-12
    Oliver Fall Scrub 6-12
    Dieringer Dec Zilverburg 9-12
    Caldwell Dec Yohn 12-12
    Perry Dec Storley 15-12
    Steinhaus Dec Chionuma 15-15
    Rosholt Dec Schiller 18-15
    Z dec Nelson 21-15

key weights for Minnesota are 125, 141, and 184 they need bonus there. Swing weights are 285 and to a lesser extent 174 since I never trust our guys. The key won't be winning certain weights but who gets the most bonus. Ness wrestling completely changes the tone of the dual of it happens making 285 and 149 toss ups that will determine the winner
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

I don't think 149 is a toss-up, maybe you meant 157? I still can't get used to seeing Oliver at 149 in that line-up but if you meant 157, I give Okie State the nod there. I actually think Schiller has a better shot at Rosholt because he's so active on his feet. I think we need to be up 11-0 after three matches, anything more is a good start to the match, anything less and that's a harbinger of things to come. The other thing to watch out for is the "breaking" of Yohn. He has been known to get broken before and when it does, it can get ugly for him. If he's active on his feet and being effective on top, he can stay in the match. If he goes down and ends up getting his face rubbed in the mat, watch out.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I said 149 is a toss up if Ness is there
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Your whole final sentence is awkwardly rephrased, rewrite it and I will delete my post.

I'm pretty sure Ness won't be on the mat. If you had a bad back, would you want your wrestlers first match back to be against Oliver?

If these two can't meet up here I hope these two teams get it on at National Duals with their full starters.
    Last edited by goferphan; 11-30-2012 at 11:08 AM.

125: Thorn Fall Dorrell 6-0
    133: Dardanes Dec Morrison 9-0
    141: Dardanes MD Feikart 13-0
    149: Oliver Fall Anyone except Ness 13-6
    157: Dieringer Dec Zilverburg 13-9
    165: Caldwell MD Yohn 13-13
    174: Perry Dec Storley 13-16
    184: Steinhaus MD Chionuma 17-16
    197: Rosholt Dec Schiller 17-19
    285: Gelogaev Dec Nelson 17-22

I think there is a good possibility Minnesota could win one other bout from 174,197, or HVY, and that could well give them the dual. If whoever shows at 149 can avoid the fall, that would be huge as well.

I just wrote two 6 page papers and I have 3 pages due this weekend along with a write up discussing my experiance tutoring inner city youth, I AM DONE WRITING haha

Caldwell is going to hit Yohn hard and often and will at least MD him. Gelogaev vs Nelson is going to be a very close match. It's time for Schiller to show that he is worth all of the hype