Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Nittany Lion Open

Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

I'm not arguing what Mega has done. Zanettas very talented or I wouldn't have drafted him. My simple opinion is that I don't believe Megaludis will match his NCAA performance from last year. That's all.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

That's very possible and a betting person would probably take that bet. He's not going to beat McD. So, the best he can do is to tie. And that would mean beating out Delgado, Waters and a number of others. But, I have to say, that Megaludis is a tremendously hungry wrestler and I wouldn't count him out of anything. I'm sure he thinks he can beat McD. I don't think so. But anyone else. . . we'll see in March.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Napoli, Flemming and more to come. When many wrestlers are freshman they tend to make huge in season strides as they gain experience and are different wrestlers at the end of the year than they were at the beginning. This in combination with having the tournaments of their lives is what can explain both Alton's and Megaludis' performances at NCAAs last year. They will both likely be AA but I feel safe in saying that neither will repeat last years cinderella runs. We can sig bet if you think DA will finish 3rd or higher
    You're ranting. Why are you ranting?

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post

Last year Nico lost to Sanders & Perelli in the regular season but beat them both at the NCAAs.

This is a logic FAIL sir...
    I hate both having to think about Sanders missing out on the finals last year and agreeing KR, but he's absolutely right with his pull of Megaludis' matches last year and the fact that the amount of logic in this thread right now is low.

If you don't think Alton or Megaludis are going to make it back to their 3rd and 2nd place finishes just say so (and I think we may have progressed to this point) you don't need a big special reason. You certainly don't try and position yourself as the awe inspiring prognosticator based off a couple of matches in December.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    To irritate you

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post

I hate both having to think about Sanders missing out on the finals last year and agreeing KR, but he's absolutely right with his pull of Megaludis' matches last year and the fact that the amount of logic in this thread right now is low.

If you don't think Alton or Megaludis are going to make it back to their 3rd and 2nd place finishes just say so (and I think we may have progressed to this point) you don't need a big special reason. You certainly don't try and position yourself as the awe inspiring prognosticator based off a couple of matches in December.
    I may just have to print & frame this...
    Last edited by kr1963; 12-03-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Sometimes you just have a feeling, based on experience. I tend to put much more stock in individuals opinions the further removed they are from a situation emotionally. Since I am kind of tired of Penn State kicking the crap out of the Gophers at NCAAs the last two years, perhaps I should recuse myself.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Well, I thought Penn State would put 11 in the finals and they only put 10 in - pretty close. I said they'd win 8 championships, but they only won 5. I knew Beckman and Gwiazdowski were good, but they were better than I thought. I actually thought Conaway would beat Beckman in the finals. Did Conaway have an off-day or does he really have that much work to do?

Gulibon making the finals was a bit of a surprise and he's just getting closer and closer to beating Beckman. I figured Alton vs. Fleming would be a toss up. I also thought Pearsall was turning a corner, guess not quite yet. I guess Megaludis only beats Zanetta at NCAAs?

I'm excited to see Beckman next year, he will be a top 5 guy I bet. Where do you all think Andrew Alton ranks amongst 149 lbers right now? I know I can't wait to see an Alton vs Ness matchup, should be pure excitement.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    I knew Beckman and Gwiazdowski were good, but they were better than I thought. I actually thought Conaway would beat Beckman in the finals. Did Conaway have an off-day or does he really have that much work to do?
    No, I think Beckman is now wrestling up to his potential/pedigree. He was an absolute stud in HS but he was disappointing last year. It seems like he has his head together now and I wouldn't count him out against anyone at this point. He beat one of the Stiebers in HS but I don't recall which one at this point.