Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nittany Lion Open

Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Penn State is going to be hard pressed for Dylan Alton and Nico Megaludis to repeat their performances from last years NCAAs.
    I don't know why a loss to Fleming is supposed to bode ill for Alton's chances at the end of the year.

Fleming pinned him here last year.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

2012 NITTANY LION OPEN FINALS RECAP:
    Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012 - Rec Hall - University Park, Pa.
    125: Anthony Zanetta, UA-Pitt 3-2 dec. #2 Nico Megaludis, Penn State
    133: Mason Beckman, UA-Lehigh 3-2 dec. Jimmy Gulibon, UA-Penn State
    141: Devin Carter, UA-Virginia Tech 16-8 maj. dec. Evan Henderson, North Carolina
    149: #6 Andrew Alton, Penn State WBF Augustus Sako, UA-Virginia (2:12)
    157: #3 James Fleming, Clarion 9-4 (SV) dec. #5 Dylan Alton, Penn State
    165: #2 David Taylor, Penn State WBF #13 Mark Lewandowski, Buffalo (5:42)
    174: #3 Matt Brown, Penn State 7-4 dec. #11 Greg Zannetti, Rutgers
    184: #1 Ed Ruth, Penn State 11-4 dec. #10 Jimmy Sheptock, Maryland
    197: #3 Quentin Wright, Penn State 5-3 (SV) dec. Morgan McIntosh, UA-Penn State
    285: Nick Gqiazdowski, UA-N.C. State 12-1 maj. dec. Jimmy Lawson, Penn State

I think it's the fact that he also lost to Napoli.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    Penn State is going to be hard pressed for Dylan Alton and Nico Megaludis to repeat their performances from last years NCAAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Agreed.
    So based upon one result for Nico & two for Dylan, results in DECEMBER no less you have the forsight to conclude (or divine) that each guy will be hard pressed to repeat their NCAA results from 2012? I would think that if you based their results in Dec 2011 that you would think that neither guy would have a chance to AA. Also don't forget 2 years ago Quentin Wright was seeded 8th & 9th at the Big Tens & NCAAs & won both.

From this I would deduce that Cael gets his guys ready for MARCH, not December.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I don't know why a loss to Fleming is supposed to bode ill for Alton's chances at the end of the year.

Fleming pinned him here last year.
    Napoli, Flemming and more to come. When many wrestlers are freshman they tend to make huge in season strides as they gain experience and are different wrestlers at the end of the year than they were at the beginning. This in combination with having the tournaments of their lives is what can explain both Alton's and Megaludis' performances at NCAAs last year. They will both likely be AA but I feel safe in saying that neither will repeat last years cinderella runs. We can sig bet if you think DA will finish 3rd or higher

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    I think it's the fact that he also lost to Napoli.
    Last year he lost to Welch int he Dual & then beat him in the NCAAs. In High School Dylan beat Napoli. Now he has lost in college. I will bet that he doesn't lose to him again.

Last year Nico lost to Sanders & Perelli in the regular season but beat them both at the NCAAs.

This is a logic FAIL sir...though you could end up being correct. Yet one match (or 2) does not a season make...

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    So based upon one result for Nico & two for Dylan, results in DECEMBER no less you have the forsight to conclude (or divine) that each guy will be hard pressed to repeat their NCAA results from 2012? I would think that if you based their results in Dec 2011 that you would think that neither guy would have a chance to AA. Also don't forget 2 years ago Quentin Wright was seeded 8th & 9th at the Big Tens & NCAAs & won both.

From this I would deduce that Cael gets his guys ready for MARCH, not December.
    I feel comfortable with my statement. Wright would have been a much higher seed had he not been getting pounded while wrestling injured. I think it's just as likely to presume that they're more Grant Gambral than Quentin Wright. I'm not questioning Cael Sanderson's coaching ability

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    AA didn't get a pin in the quarters, BBL. Was a 13-5 MD. Gulibon got a nice win over Horan at 133 into the semis.
    Yes, my post was with him having made the quarters.

Getting back to my prediction - 4 pins in under 3 minutes:
    (pins in fastest order, not in wrestling order)
    0:43
    0:44 (2 pins - 1:17)
    1:36 (3 pins - 2:53)
    2:12 (4 pins - 5:05 damn, I was off by one pin)
    5:34 (5 pins - 10:39 not a bad day, but not good enough for my pick to stand)

I can't wait to see this kid throughout the year. With a lineup that includes Taylor, Ruth, and Wright, Alton alone may be worth the price of admission most matches.

Penn State loves their bonus points.