Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nittany Lion Open

Default Re: Nittany Lion Open

Should be cool to see Alton make his debut here at this tournament.

Picking just how badly PSU is going to snowball things here will be tough before we see the brackets.

Always interesting to see what post collegiate guys show up here. Always hope for another Fat Kocher sighting.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I'll predict Andrew Alton starts off just like he did 2 years ago and wins the Gorrarian award for the NLO. 4 pins in under 3 minutes.

133 looks like the most intersting weight to me. A lot of young highly touted guys

Won't Penn State have their redshirts participating too? Here's who I see as potential finalists from Penn State

125- Megaludis
    133 - Conaway, Martellotti, Gulibon
    141 - Pearsall
    149 - Alton
    157 - Alton, English
    165 - Taylor
    174 - Brown
    184 - Ruth
    197 - Wright, McIntosh
    285 - Lawson, Gingrich

With potentially 14 finalists, that's where I came up with an estimate of 11 - probably still very optimistic. Once they release brackets, it should be much clearer how Penn State may do.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    What's an elimination bout?
    That's an historic term that used to refer to how you got your position on the team--decided head-on-head. You must be a young whipper snapper, Herkey.

Quote Originally Posted by chocell View Post
    Won't Penn State have their redshirts participating too? Here's who I see as potential finalists from Penn State

125- Megaludis
    133 - Conaway, Martellotti, Gulibon
    141 - Pearsall
    149 - Alton
    157 - Alton, English
    165 - Taylor
    174 - Brown
    184 - Ruth
    197 - Wright, McIntosh
    285 - Lawson, Gingrich

With potentially 14 finalists, that's where I came up with an estimate of 11 - probably still very optimistic. Once they release brackets, it should be much clearer how Penn State may do.
    With Beckman wrestling at 133, the best we can hope for is one finalist (at best). Beckman has already beaten Gulibon pretty handily twice this year. With Gwiazdowsky at Hwt, probably the most we can hope for is one finalist and there are some other tough guys especially the Citadel Hwt. I would love to see 11 in the finals, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    That's an historic term that used to refer to how you got your position on the team--decided head-on-head. You must be a young whipper snapper, Herkey.
    That's what I figured it was. We just call it a wrestleoff. I lost one to Chop in 30 seconds one time in high school. Far knee block right to my back off the whistle. He was lucky that he struck first.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    That's what I figured it was. We just call it a wrestleoff. I lost one to Chop in 30 seconds one time in high school. Far knee block right to my back off the whistle. He was lucky that he struck first.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

That must have been quite the story to warrant the double post.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12