Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaisforlovers Thanksgiving NCAA Prediction Extravaganza!

Default Re: Vaisforlovers Thanksgiving NCAA Prediction Extravaganza!

1. Jordan Oliver
    2. Jason Chamberlain
    3. Andrew Alton
    4. Dylan Ness
    5. Donnie Vinson
    6. Scott Sakaguchi
    7. Nick Brascetta
    8. Justin Accordino

Jordan is the best. Don't care he's going up two weights. Unreal in all 3 positions and should be both angry from how last year turned out, and energetic due to all the food he gets to eat. I like Chamberlain. Looking over his last year competing he was a real tough kid. I think he does a nice job and makes the finals this year.

Alton is a big upside guy, and though we haven't seen him healthy at 149, I think he winds up in the top 4. Great on his feet, avoids the mat by and large. Going to be a real horse at 149. I think this is about right for Dylan. Pretty inconsistent guy with a nice draw and a good hot streak last year at NCAA's. I think he's surpassed a bit this year.

Not much to say. I don't think Donnie Vinson does as well as he did last year, though his run last season was inspirational and his match with Tessari was legendary. Sakaguchi might get better this year, but I don't think that means he places as high. The field is tougher this season. Brascetta is a bit of a homer pick, but I love how he wrestles, and think 7th is realistic for Nick. If Accordino stays healthy, it'll be tough to keep him off the podium.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

1. Derek St. John
    2. Dylan Alton
    3. James Green
    4. Joey Napoli
    5. Jason Welch
    6. Jesse Dong
    7. James Fleming
    8. Alex Dieringer(Sorry Scott, don't actually believe)

DSJ is an animal and one of the toughest SOB's out there. I like him to improve one spot from last year, but will be challenged heavily by Alton and Green. Nobody else will present a problem for Derek.

Alton had his lapse, but I watched him all last year and I'm not sure many people can match his neutral game outside of DSJ. He will be clicking come NCAA's. Green is a real wild card. A blast to watch on his feet, and has that scary upside that could threaten the top two. Has an underrated gas tank as well.

Napoli announced himself last week, and I'll respect his game enough to put him in the top 4. Seems like a tough, motivated kid with real gifts in all three positions. Welch has been around a top 5 guy much of the last three years. He's basically the same guy he's always been. Relies on counters to win matches. Struggles to get to his own offense as well.

CMON JESSE! He's been an AA caliber guy for like 4 years. Gotta figure he puts it together if he stays healthy. His scrambling and top game make him a scary matchup for most guys. I put the Choker Fleming on the podium again. He knows who he is and is never out of a match because of it.

Alex was someone I had my eye on for awhile and I think he could wind up a little higher than this honestly. I was going to put him at 7, but then thought about the possible Fleming/Dieringer matchup and figured he's probably going to turn him. So he wound up at 8.
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 11-22-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

After one whole weekend of Napoli, I think that's a good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Loupouchanski
    People (and I include myself in this) overrate and/or have overrated Lopouchanski because of fantasy. He's been the same gate keeperish level the last four years. Not AA caliber in my opinion.

As far as 157 I'm going to be obnoxious and take credit every time someone puts James Green in the top 3 at 157, I had him there first back in June.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    People (and I include myself in this) overrate and/or have overrated Lopouchanski because of fantasy. He's been the same gate keeperish level the last four years. Not AA caliber in my opinion.

As far as 157 I'm going to be obnoxious and take credit every time someone puts James Green in the top 3 at 157, I had him there first back in June.
    I was kidding on Lopouchanski...I've had that kid almost every year in fantasy. Definitely a gatekeeper'ish guy. He'll get me some points but trust me, I'm hoping Houdashelt gets it together at 149 because I know what I've got in Crazy Ivan Lopo.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I like Grajales to be top 5 and Walsh was up on winston then cut him and lost on a TD at the hokie ? Had Walsh ridden him out and went to OT winston was doomed . i gave up on dong a few years ago, same with winston.
    Green is an amazing talent yet has a penchant for losing to guys he should beat (i.e.-Bonin), if he has matured mentally he'll be in the hunt for the title .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

You're going to pick Caldwell over Dake and Taylor, right?

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Green is an amazing talent yet has a penchant for losing to guys he should beat (i.e.-Bonin)
    Is the Bonin match really evidentiary of a "penchant?" It was one match last February and he went on to get himself on the podium anyway.

He's 10-0 this year

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

And I don't agree with pairing Dong and Scott Winston together. Dong has always been a very tough wrestler who had one memorable choke job (NCAA's the year he was the 3 seed) and since then just hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Scott Winston just has never really been a really good college wrestler.