Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dake v Molinaro, because I was bored

Default Re: Dake v Molinaro, because I was bored

Hence the "Nooooooooooooooo" from the crowd.

They have wrestled twice....

8-1 and 1-0.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

As I said, nothing like 20/20 hindsight.

However, given what SHP wrote about the Scuffle, should Molinaro have gone up then? I think SHP makes a good point.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Nope, neutral...he needs the takedown because the riding point is already there....
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    As I said, nothing like 20/20 hindsight.

However, given what SHP wrote about the Scuffle, should Molinaro have gone up then? I think SHP makes a good point.
    You know if you continuously repeat something, it doesn't make it true, right? It's not hindsight. I, along with many, many others, said this literally as it was happening. Talking about it after it's happened doesn't necessarily make it hindsight, we're not questioning the results after they happened, we said it as it was happening. You can hear the crowd react as it's happening. It was stupid. If he chooses neutral, he has a shot to get a TD and he's right back in it. He chose bottom, against his coaches wishes might I add (I guess they're all masters of hindsight as well), where he had just shown he had no shot. He never even got close to an escape.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Nope, neutral...he needs the takedown because the riding point is already there....
    At the NCAA's? He needed a lot more than a takedown there. SHP, as well as myself, pose this for the NCAA tournament.

Being that he couldn't take him down when he went neutral before, and being that going down was a "losing strategy," should he have tried up?

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    You know if you continuously repeat something, it doesn't make it true, right? It's not hindsight. I, along with many, many others, said this literally as it was happening. Talking about it after it's happened doesn't necessarily make it hindsight, we're not questioning the results after they happened, we said it as it was happening. You can hear the crowd react as it's happening. It was stupid. If he chooses neutral, he has a shot to get a TD and he's right back in it. He chose bottom, against his coaches wishes might I add (I guess they're all masters of hindsight as well), where he had just shown he had no shot. He never even got close to an escape.
    Why I keep stressing the 20/20 hindsight thing is that in the heat of battle, where pride is at stake and you KNOW that you can get out, you will make decisions that seem "stupid" in hindsight.

The long and the short is is that none of us were in Molinaro's spot at that time, and I know the kind of guy that I am in competition and I'm stubborn as hell if I know I can pull it off. To say that "we would do different" is where the 20/20 hindsight comes into play.

I understand where you are coming from, certainly. I don't know where Molinaro was coming from though.

The definition of 20/20 hindsight is that, after you know the result of something, you describe how you would have done it to achieve a better result. The point I am trying to make is that is NOT what most of us are doing, we said it as it was happening, before we knew that he would (yet again) fail to even come close to escaping.

You're not talking about 20/20 hindsight, you are talking about questioning a decision without having being in the situation, which is completely different.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    The definition of 20/20 hindsight is that, after you know the result of something, you describe how you would have done it to achieve a better result. The point I am trying to make is that is NOT what most of us are doing, we said it as it was happening, before we knew that he would (yet again) fail to even come close to escaping.

You're not talking about 20/20 hindsight, you are talking about questioning a decision without having being in the situation, which is completely different.
    I understand that, but I suspect that a lot of people DID express their "genius" in hindsight, and, no, I'm not implying that you were one of those.