Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 25 Best Wrestlers 2000-2009: Full List Posted

Default Re: 25 Best Wrestlers 2000-2009: Full List Posted

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Questionable calls aside Hendricks dominated that match.
    How many questionably calls does it take before you are bothered by the result? I was up to 4 by the end of the match at least, possibly 5. Part of wrestling is that sometimes the better wrestler doesn't win, and sometimes you can dominate for most of the match and not win. When you say "questionable calls aside" I mean, how do you do that? "If you take away all the things that went against Churella, then nothing went against Churella". It's a fallacious argument.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

In real retrospect the only call that I really have a problem with in that Hendricks/Churella match was the absolutely AWFUL nature of Hendricks' 3rd takedown.

I personally think that he was flat but as pj said it was a judgement call.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    How many questionably calls does it take before you are bothered by the result? I was up to 4 by the end of the match at least, possibly 5. Part of wrestling is that sometimes the better wrestler doesn't win, and sometimes you can dominate for most of the match and not win. When you say "questionable calls aside" I mean, how do you do that? "If you take away all the things that went against Churella, then nothing went against Churella". It's a fallacious argument.
    Imo the only two that were questionable was whether Churella had Hendricks pinned and the second to last takedown. Churella still received four points for the near pin and that is essentially what kept him in the match.

I think I already touched on this though. Outside of the three or four seconds where Churella was able to turn Hendricks with the cradle Hendricks controlled every other second of the match. Without even bringing the end result of the match into question if you watched the match it would be hard to argue who was the dominant wrestler throughout the match. It is also my opinion that Hendricks made his own breaks for the most part in that match. He stayed on the attack the entire time and Churella could not stop him from clearing his arms and getting to his legs.

In wrestling there are always going to be questionable calls at the line and if you go on the attack get in deep enough times some of those calls are going to go your way. If you continually let someone in on your legs some of those are going to go against you.

When you say "questionable calls aside" I mean, how do you do that? "If you take away all the things that went against Churella, then nothing went against Churella". It's a fallacious argument.

Anyway I took the questionable calls out to avoid an argument of whether he was actually pinned or not as that has been done a thousand times before.

If I actually thought there were four or five blatant calls against churella i think it would affect the results but I dont think there was. I think there were some judgement calls that could have gone either way but since hendricks was forcing the action I didnt mind them going his way.

Do we really have to drag out Churella / Hendricks again?

It's a quality list JensenS, but like others have mentioned the only thing I would absolutely change is to vault Pritzlaff up above Jantzen.

Where are the Brands brothers?

They graduated before 2000. Therefore they don't meet the criteria.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    Was close to pulling out a victory in the first period? Rohn won, but getting beat by 12 or so going into the third certainly seems like getting dominated to me.
    My statement was: it looked like he was going to pull out a close victory when Lambrecht started tilting him.

I am a Lehigh fan, and when Rohn took him down in the 1st (maybe two times, I don't remember) and looked solid, I remeber thinking the Rohn was going to pull this on out. Usually if someone can get a takedown in the first period in the NCAA final they go on to win. I am not disputing that he was tilted all over the place in the 2nd and was absolutely dominated in that period and if it was a two period match then it is fair to say Rohn was dominated. What I am contesting is the story that Rohn was never in the match and pulled off a lucky move to win.

I wll throw another name out for consideration... Les Sigman... he had NCAA finishes of 1st,1st,1st,1st. I don't know he career record or number of pins, but he had quality wins over Konrad and Dlagnev. I guess you could also throw LeVasseur out there, but I don't think he was the DI quality wrestler Sigman was.