Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joey Davis

Default Re: Joey Davis

Wow indeed, quality wrestler. Ton of fun to watch.

I don't know how to feel about just this one in particular since I don't think (and this hurts since he's on my team) Greisheimer is very good.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Wow indeed, quality wrestler. Ton of fun to watch.

I don't know how to feel about just this one in particular since I don't think (and this hurts since he's on my team) Greisheimer is very good.
    Yeah, he's not spectacular at anything.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I just watched the video, a couple of takeaways and I think some of it is just because I haven't had much sleep and I'm cranky with the new baby and all:

1. I want to punch the announcer in the face. He has this Caddyshack "Cinderalla Story" thing going on that's just annoying as hell.
    2. Davis does those feint shots that used to make me look foolish. I'd always fall for that shit. I wanted to punch him in the face for doing that as well.
    3. Davis is great on his feet, not so good on top and never saw him on bottom. Just gives up escapes like Catholic girls on prom night but had so many takedowns he got the riding time anyway. That made me want to punch him in the face.
    4. Greishemer just looked silly on his feet against this guy. I felt sorry for him. I did NOT want to punch him in the face.
    5. I'm pretty sure Davis has a poop stain on the back of his singlet....that just made me want to stop watching the video.

I am tired and cranky.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

It was kind of funny watching all of Davis's feints on his feet. It looked like he could have had the double any time he wanted, yet he would feint 5,6,7 times in a row. Interesting that Davis chose neutral. That makes you wonder if he's not so comfortable down. He sure is good on his feet though!

Davis is now 20-0 on the year and hasn't been taken down yet. When was the last time a non-D1 wrestler looked this good out of the gate, let alone a true freshman?

Notre Dame College’s Joey Davis named GLIAC Wrestler of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Niemann left after being forced to cut to 133 .
    You have to admitt that he would have been a big 133