Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 64 to 72 of 85

Thread: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

  1. #64

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Ive said this many time, but to say all "IOWA" fans were out for Dakes blood is just not factual. Were some, sure, but Iowa also had the most fans in St. Louis, and thats also a fact. They made the most noise, and some were probably booing Dake for stalling, but some were booing the comment he made about St John punching him too. I personally have nothing against Dake and have never said a bad word about Dake at all. And he has caused 2 separate Hawks titles in the finals. If im in the minority of Hawk fans with this view so be it, but almost all the hawk fans I know have nothing against Dake and never has.
    Dake is a pure competitor. No, I didnt like his comments after the match and I thought he couldve done more in the match, but he didnt need to. He won and he's won every time he gets to the big stage. He's trying to do something this year that no Hawk has ever done. For that I have lots of respect. I will stand and applaud him even if he happens to fall short of his goal this year. He's had quite a great career.

    I will do the same for Taylor if he continues on his incredible run. I can respect a career that includes four finals appearances...even if it only ends up with two wins.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  2. #65

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Dake is a pure competitor. No, I didnt like his comments after the match and I thought he couldve done more in the match, but he didnt need to. He won and he's won every time he gets to the big stage. He's trying to do something this year that no Hawk has ever done. For that I have lots of respect. I will stand and applaud him even if he happens to fall short of his goal this year. He's had quite a great career.

    I will do the same for Taylor if he continues on his incredible run. I can respect a career that includes four finals appearances...even if it only ends up with two wins.
    +1 These 2 kids are great ambassabors for our sport. When I hear others say "I don't like this kid", it's normally because they wrestle for another team, and as Herkey said, beat "our guy". Not reason to hate a wrestler imo. I'm not an Iowa fan, but they sure have given me lots of enjoyment over the years (I'm approaching my late 50's), because overall they've had the best wrestlers...and have provided, as a fan, the best wrestling. That, I respect. These kids deserve no less.

  3. #66

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Dake is a pure competitor. No, I didnt like his comments after the match and I thought he couldve done more in the match, but he didnt need to. He won and he's won every time he gets to the big stage. He's trying to do something this year that no Hawk has ever done. For that I have lots of respect. I will stand and applaud him even if he happens to fall short of his goal this year. He's had quite a great career. I will do the same for Taylor if he continues on his incredible run. I can respect a career that includes four finals appearances...even if it only ends up with two wins.
    So what about DTs make up is he not a pure competitor?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #67

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    So what about DTs make up is he not a pure competitor?
    Not sure that I ever said he wasn't. But Dake not being perfect throught the reg season except last year and then pouring it on when it really counts and to do it as a true freshman and at different weights every year makes him a pure, clutch type of guy to me.

    I wasn't comparing the two. Find your argument elsewhere.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  5. #68
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    It's the "Metcalf" syndrom. (I named it, so that's what it's called) The problem is that his opponents are trying to do everything they can against him short of balling up and laying there, and some do that. Guys like Taylor, Metcalf, Sanderson, Ironside, McIllravy, Gable can still score on you no matter how fast you run from them.
    Of course Metcalf definitely came to mind, in that context.

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I'm not trying to start anything or blame you for anything. Just pointing out the obvious that the "rumor, or leak" had to start from somewhere. Somebody put it out there for it to be known.
    Had a friend who was in the room & saw it, tell me about it. Then had a beat reporter confirm it. 3rd person is another friend who would definitely know what the facts were. Now it seems like it is a non-issue (as the match is on). I'm glad for that.

  6. #69

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #70

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    I just don't see the reason for anyone to start a rumor, or leak the truth, about Taylor being injured if he is in fact going to wrestle.
    Information was definitely "leaked" here and other places, which is probably what ticked Cael off.

  8. #71

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Dake is a pure competitor. No, I didnt like his comments after the match and I thought he couldve done more in the match, but he didnt need to. He won and he's won every time he gets to the big stage. He's trying to do something this year that no Hawk has ever done. For that I have lots of respect. I will stand and applaud him even if he happens to fall short of his goal this year. He's had quite a great career.

    I will do the same for Taylor if he continues on his incredible run. I can respect a career that includes four finals appearances...even if it only ends up with two wins.
    I see you've gone back to your old avatar! Does that mean the Cael-TB alliance is splitting up?

  9. #72
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

    Tom,
    I think we hurt Herk's feelings ! Why he would go back to a Hawkeye trying to unlock his sphincter is questionable tho.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •