Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

Default Re: Taylor vs Dake: up in the air

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    Hmmm... you drove hours and logged hundreds of miles to watch a specific wrestler and yet, somehow, we spend too much time analyzing wrestlers?
    -

Not sure why you included yourself in this but....ok. Now tell me how I have spent hours over analyzing any wrestler. I simply love wrestling.

I love wrestling and realize that they are still kids. A lot of you post like they are paid professionals.

Statements like "DAVID TAYLOR DOESN'T DUCK ANYONE!" or "DID YOU FORGET ABOUT HIM MOVING UP TO WRESTLE COLLIN PALMER?" are silly comments. He and Dake read those comments. If any of you have ever had a kid that age (in the FB age) then you know they read it.

I don't mind you all analyzing things but when someone remindinds you that they are still kids, don't get mad.
    Last edited by quinn14; 10-28-2012 at 12:08 AM.

How is you saying that they are affected any less "armchair analysis"? You started the armchair analysis you seem to loathe by saying you would think he was ducking Dake.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Actually, they are receiving scholarships do technically they are being compensated for their time with free educations which in essence is one of the most valuable gifts you can give a person. I don't think he's a coward nor scared. Nervous...anticipatory? Probably.

These arent kids. By definition they are eligible for the draft and in the eyes of the law they are men.

Anyway, it's disappointing but I'll take the Fantasy Points if he doesn't want to wrestle my Pit Bull Dake.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    -

Statements like "DAVID TAYLOR DOESN'T DUCK ANYONE!" or "DID YOU FORGET ABOUT HIM MOVING UP TO WRESTLE COLLIN PALMER?" are silly comments. He and Dake read those comments. If any of you have ever had a kid that age (in the FB age) then you know they read it.

I don't mind you all analyzing things but when someone remindinds you that they are still kids, don't get mad.
    First of all these "kids" are 20 some years old. They're not kids. They're not much younger than I am. Second, they are not your average 20somethings. They are world class athletes, and that requires a different mindset. I'm not saying they're immune to pressure, I'm saying they deal with stuff(i.e. pressure) a lot differently than their peers.

The statements made are far from silly, they speak to a precedent they've(He) set. DT seeks out the competition, and to insinuate he would fabricate an injury to avoid an exhibition match with Dake is the silliest statement in the thread.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Time to chime in:

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    Hmmm... you drove hours and logged hundreds of miles to watch a specific wrestler and yet, somehow, we spend too much time analyzing wrestlers?
    I don't see the connection between over analysis and simply being a dedicated fan.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    . . . they are not your average 20somethings. They are world class athletes, and that requires a different mindset. I'm not saying they're immune to pressure, I'm saying they deal with stuff (i.e. pressure) a lot differently than their peers.
    I agree with this, especially in an exhibition match. If anything, he'd want to avenge the FS loss.

3. If DT wrestles injured and loses, the debate over whether he would have won healthy will rage until the next match-up. He won't use it as an excuse, but everyone will be thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    If he aggravates it or hurts it bad enough to cost him the season then what? NO.
    Probably the most important consideration, and a decision that Cael should ultimately make.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

So when Dan Gable admitted that Owings had him beat before he stepped on the mat, was that a lie? Gable was on scholarship. He was undefeated for his entire life. According to you all, he should have been able to handle it. He was a world class athlete.....The fact is, he didn't know how to handle it. He lost because he didn't know how to handle it. Taylor has already lost to Dake. His response can only go two ways. He either gets motivated to avenge that loss or he gets too nervous to avenge it. To suggest that he couldn't possibly react like 50% of the population is a bit crazy.

Again, I have no idea what is going on with him. But you can't rule out the fact that the pressure is getting to him.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    First of all these "kids" are 20 some years old. They're not kids.
    They are still kids. They are not earning their own money. They are not paying bills. The school and their parents are providing everything for them. Their age may make them adults legally but a piece of paper does not determine maturity.

Second, they are not your average 20somethings. They are world class athletes, and that requires a different mindset.
    I completely agree. It does require a different mindset. The question is whether Taylor has that mindset or not. He was on the verge of tears after both FS losses. I didn't see Dake look like he was about to cry when he lost. It is very possible that Taylor needs to learn how to lose. It's only happened twice since he entered high school so he doesn't have much practice. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't like that feeling and doesn't react well to it. He is human.

I'm not saying they're immune to pressure, I'm saying they deal with stuff(i.e. pressure) a lot differently than their peers.
    I agree again. But some choke under higher pressure. Is Taylor one of them? I don't know. But you can't rule it out just because you want to think something. I learned that lesson from Tyson back in the 80s.

The statements made are far from silly, they speak to a precedent they've(He) set. DT seeks out the competition, and to insinuate he would fabricate an injury to avoid an exhibition match with Dake is the silliest statement in the thread.
    The statements about Taylor's mindset are indeed silly. No one but him knows his mindset. I'm simply mot ruling out a possibility. You are trying to claim to know how he thinks. You can't rule something out just because reality may disappoint you.
    Last edited by quinn14; 10-28-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Time to chime in:

I don't see the connection between over analysis and simply being a dedicated fan.

I agree with this, especially in an exhibition match. If anything, he'd want to avenge the FS loss.

3. If DT wrestles injured and loses, the debate over whether he would have won healthy will rage until the next match-up. He won't use it as an excuse, but everyone will be thinking it.

Probably the most important consideration, and a decision that Cael should ultimately make.

Wasn't able to get on yesterday to read all of this. But reading through this today, my thoughts are just what spider said here. If DT has some kind of a minor injury as it appears, I suspect Cael will be making the call and not DT. He will be looking at the whole season in context of the nature of the injury.

What does how Taylor appears after he loses have to do with him skipping events. You are 100% wrong about this.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.