Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: McD vs Stieber

Default Re: McD vs Stieber

DIsagree one million percent. There were fewer openings because of Palmers positioning, but Metcalf's whole (underrated) game was that he wasn't just shooting to shoot, he was getting people out of position and then shooting. Often the people weren't out of position for very long, which most guys wouldn't shoot on at all, but Metcalf did. He rarely shot on a guy just to shoot.

And the only time you could call him somewhat conservative against Palmer would be their final match, which Metcalf got in on a shot in the first 5 seconds, and outshot Palmer over the course of the match 7-3, scored the only takedown and was the only one close to a second takedown. He was still pushing and going forward and pulling the majority of the match, just not shooting as much as he usually did against Palmer due to Palmer's own positioning and strength.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    DIsagree one million percent. There were fewer openings because of Palmers positioning, but Metcalf's whole (underrated) game was that he wasn't just shooting to shoot, he was getting people out of position and then shooting. Often the people weren't out of position for very long, which most guys wouldn't shoot on at all, but Metcalf did. He rarely shot on a guy just to shoot.

And the only time you could call him somewhat conservative against Palmer would be their final match, which Metcalf got in on a shot in the first 5 seconds, and outshot Palmer over the course of the match 7-3, scored the only takedown and was the only one close to a second takedown. He was still pushing and going forward and pulling the majority of the match, just not shooting as much as he usually did against Palmer due to Palmer's own positioning and strength.
    So with Metcalf he's working to get you out of position. Anyone else is just shutting it down?

Weak.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

just not shooting as much as he usually did against Palmer due to Palmer's own positioning and strength.
    You're basically undermining your own argument. Due to superior position, skills, and physical attributes, the top wrestlers IE Lance Palmer, are a lot harder to take down, and thus skilled opponents tend to shoot on them less often because they dont have the same number of good opportunities. This is basically what VAIS is arguing, and you just agreed with it.

No one is arguing that Metcalf wasn't consistently more aggressive then his opponent at pretty much any level, but Metcalf shot less often on Lance Palmer then he did against Mitch Mueller. Fact.
    Gold is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    So with Metcalf he's working to get you out of position. Anyone else is just shutting it down?

Weak.
    I didn't say I agreed with Logan being a counterwrestler. Weak reading comprehension.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    You're basically undermining your own argument. Due to superior position, skills, and physical attributes, the top wrestlers IE Lance Palmer, are a lot harder to take down, and thus skilled opponents tend to shoot on them less often because they dont have the same number of good opportunities. This is basically what VAIS is arguing, and you just agreed with it.

No one is arguing that Metcalf wasn't consistently more aggressive then his opponent at pretty much any level, but Metcalf shot less often on Lance Palmer then he did against Mitch Mueller. Fact.
    But that's not the argument. Unless you're saying that the only way to be aggressive is to shoot every 7 seconds. Metcalf was still coming forward and still pushing and pulling on Palmer's head to try to get him out of position to take shots. He was just as aggressive as he always was, he just took less shots because there were less openings.

Weak reading comprehension.
    By you. I was pointing out that Brent is not the only guy trying to open someone by battling for position. I.E. Logan.

By you. I was pointing out that Brent is not the only guy trying to open someone by battling for position. I.E. Logan.
    No, still by you. You wrote "So with Metcalf he's working to get you out of position. Anyone else is just shutting it down?" Since it's in response to me, you at the very least strongly insinuate that I'm saying that.

My initial response was to you saying that wrestlers are always less aggressive against their better opposition. I disagreed. I didn't say anything about Logan or anyone else.

No, still by you. You wrote "So with Metcalf he's working to get you out of position. Anyone else is just shutting it down?" Since it's in response to me, you at the very least strongly insinuate that I'm saying that.

My initial response was to you saying that wrestlers are always less aggressive against their better opposition. I disagreed. I didn't say anything about Logan or anyone else.
    Ok, so Logan Stieber isn't as aggressive as Brent Metcalf. Anymore newsflashes Brokaw?

Ok, so Logan Stieber isn't as aggressive as Brent Metcalf. Anymore newsflashes Brokaw?
    You're the one making comparisons. You made a statement. I made a humorous disagreement. I understand it's embarrassing being wrong, but don't take it so hard, champ.