Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flo's D1 Rankings and Pound for Pound

Default Re: Flo's D1 Rankings and Pound for Pound

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Look at you with your official title.
    I credit TWT for helping to bring me along.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Vais--are you with Flo now? If so, congratulations! Does that give us an in to get a lot of got wrestling clips posted on TWT?

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Vais--are you with Flo now? If so, congratulations! Does that give us an in to get a lot of got wrestling clips posted on TWT?
    I am sorta. All I do is the college rankings and a weekly write up(once the season starts). I don't "work" for them, and it's not my job, just a hobby I get to have fun with on an expanded level.

But won't you have to be objective? Good luck with that.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Great p4p rankings. For the most part I agree and I can't believe some of the negative posts you've received on Flo. Although I'm a PSU fan, I live in OKC so I go to most of the OSU duals and may be a little bias. I understand why you put Oliver #7, but I think he should be in top 5 despite the controversial NCAA finals. This would slide Logan to #6 and Killer to #7. I think Oliver should atleast be above Killer. Also, after seeing Z utterly manhandle Nelson, I couldn't rank Nelson higher in a p4p list. Nelson is an incredible heavy weight, but when it comes to a p4p list, he wouldn't crack my top 10. I'd slide Ramos to #9 and then I'd throw Bosak or Wright at #10.

If Dake beats Taylor, would Ruth stay at #2 or slide to #3? As much as I hate to say this, I think Dake will beat Taylor. If Ruth is as dominant as last year and Taylor has a loss, I'd move Ruth to #1. If Dake is more dominant next year (higher bonus point percentage) and beats Taylor, he would then be the clear #1. Once again...great analysis. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JKreisel View Post
    Great p4p rankings. For the most part I agree and I can't believe some of the negative posts you've received on Flo. Although I'm a PSU fan, I live in OKC so I go to most of the OSU duals and may be a little bias. I understand why you put Oliver #7, but I think he should be in top 5 despite the controversial NCAA finals. This would slide Logan to #6 and Killer to #7. I think Oliver should atleast be above Killer. Also, after seeing Z utterly manhandle Nelson, I couldn't rank Nelson higher in a p4p list. Nelson is an incredible heavy weight, but when it comes to a p4p list, he wouldn't crack my top 10. I'd slide Ramos to #9 and then I'd throw Bosak or Wright at #10.

If Dake beats Taylor, would Ruth stay at #2 or slide to #3? As much as I hate to say this, I think Dake will beat Taylor. If Ruth is as dominant as last year and Taylor has a loss, I'd move Ruth to #1. If Dake is more dominant next year (higher bonus point percentage) and beats Taylor, he would then be the clear #1. Once again...great analysis. Thanks.
    Appreciate it. It's not terribly surprising to see that kind of vitriol. Flo allows anyone to post basically anything. So immature people(probably mostly high schoolers) are empowered by the anonymity. For the life of me I don't know why they want people crapping all over their product all the time(not just my rankings but willies, and other things they do). If they just had people create a log-in, I think civility would inherently increase.

Anyways, thanks again. JO was a tough guy to place. He really could be ahead of Kilgore. Don't dispute that at all. Same for Z over Nelson. Obviously Z is the better wrestler, but he hasn't been healthy in 3 years. That year he got 7th. I thought i'd get crushed for even including him.

If Dake wins not only will the anonymous psychos find themselves simultaneously engorged, I will also jump Dake over Ruth and Taylor to 1. A win over the number 1 p4p in addition to his awesome resume will give him the bump over Ed. At least in my mind.

I agree that Flo should require registered logins. it's a waste of time to read the comments.

Nice job on the p4p rankings as it involved a lot of work. But how do they work? For instance, if C Dardanes beats Ramos then does Ramos drop out or does CD move into the rankings? Same if Steinhaus beats Ruth? When Z gets injured does he then automatically drop out? how did you keep your hawkeye love affair out of the rankings (no DSJ for instance)?
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    I agree that Flo should require registered logins. it's a waste of time to read the comments.

Nice job on the p4p rankings as it involved a lot of work. But how do they work? For instance, if C Dardanes beats Ramos then does Ramos drop out or does CD move into the rankings? Same if Steinhaus beats Ruth? When Z gets injured does he then automatically drop out? how did you keep your hawkeye love affair out of the rankings (no DSJ for instance)?
    I've never had a hard time compartmentalizing my fan-hood and my ability to be rational. So that aspect isn't really a challenge.

A win over someone in the top 10 might not necessarily put you in the top 10, depends who you are. If Bosak beats Ruth, then yes he would belong, but if someone like Peter Sturgeon beat Nelson, he wouldn't get into the top 10. Might just see Nelson drop in that instance.

DSJ does not have a case for the top 10 right now. He might be somewhere around 15. Basically it's case by case.

Steinhaus beats Ruth, I don't know what I'd do. Don't think Kevin is a top 10 guy. Just a solid career 184. Like a big Zach Sanders.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Flo's comment section is basically the yahoo comments of the wrestling world. I still remember how one kid spent a month ranting about how Maryland is easily the best wrestling state in the U.S. and everybody else is scared of them.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth