Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitt signees

Default Pitt signees

Pittsburgh Snares Edgar Bright
    Willie Saylor, Editor

Pittsburgh received a verbal commitment from one of the nation's premier prospects Tuesday night. Edgar Bright of powerhouse, St. Edward, Ohio informed the Rande Stottlemyer-led Panthers of his intentions to continue his career in the Steel City.

Bright, who's ranked as the #18 recruit nationally, was a State Runner-Up the last two years. He was also an Ironman Runner-Up and won Fargo in 2011. He's projected as a 141/149lber.

The pick up gives Pittsburgh three excellent prospects in tow for the Class of 2013. They have had previous commitments from PA State Runner-Up, Nick Zanetta (133), and 6x Fargo All American, Ryan Solomon (184/197).

For a full list of College Commitments, click here.

Floinsiders can access Bright's profile here.

You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: Pitt signees

Bright is a stud!!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Bright is one of the best guys in Ohio that has yet to win a title. Reminds me of Nick Sulzer,Ryan Bertin the greats that didn't win one till there senior year

Hes a steal for Pitt. Hes on par with many of the top 5 guys imo.

Pitt now has a couple of young lightweights at 141-149, including Travis Shaffer who knocked off Hunter Stieber 7-2 in the Dapper Dan 2 years ago.

I thought Shaffer was a real sleeper coming out of highschool because of some of his quality wins. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I also believe he tech'd Thielke in a highschool match. The problem with Travis has always been that with those great wins there are matches he loses that he just shouldn't lose. Will be interesting to see how he develops at Pitt. First Solomon and now Bright are both really good gets.

Pitt might be the team to beat when they join the acc.

Sorry, folks, but I've vowed to keep my annoying bad jokes only on "another" forum, just because of the kick factor that I get out of people taking me THAT seriously, which then just eggs me on to tell worse and worse jokes!

The long and the short is, I like the folks on here too much to do that. BUT, I can't resist...

...the future is looking Bright at Pitt.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I thought Shaffer was a real sleeper coming out of highschool because of some of his quality wins. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I also believe he tech'd Thielke in a highschool match. The problem with Travis has always been that with those great wins there are matches he loses that he just shouldn't lose. Will be interesting to see how he develops at Pitt. First Solomon and now Bright are both really good gets.
    Though I have no info, I highly doubt anyone teched Thielke in high school. That kid hardly ever lost in any style...