Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 46869394959697 LastLast

Thread: 07/08 Fantasy League Draft Thread

Default Re: College Wrestling Fantasy League Draft Thread Avallone/Lost

So I guess that was a NO to my request to change that last pick from Peterkin to Jordan Burroughs, Nebraska? No problem, maybe I can grab him in the supplemental or something. Actually, I kind of like the idea of having one less weight class handicap. It makes it (a little) more fair and competitive for the rest of you mooks ! BRING IT ON!

PS - In regards to all of this nonsense that Brother LOST initiated, I think I speak for a vast majority of players when I say that Yeah, we will give Brother Jensen the benefit of the doubt and the final say in all matters controversial in this draft because we APPRECIATE tremendously his effort and work in putting this thing together. Brother Lost, if you think our acquiescence to Brother Jensen makes us gullible or that we do it just because of who he is, you are in the wrong ballpark by several dozen miles dude! We give brother J this trust because he has earned our respect, he took the initiative to start this website after the bullshit at TheMatForums.com and because (listen closely to this part) THIS IS FANTASY WRESTLING. No one is going to actually win or lose a match, make weight, take a conference crown or become NCAA champ because of ANYTHING that Brother Jensen, you or I do in this game. It is strictly an entertainment indulgence that we are able to play because we are fortunate enough not to have to spend our days worrying about our children dying of famine, drought or disease, missiles or suicide bombers blowing us up or someone beating our wives and daughters because they are trying to learn to read! It's a freaking game that we are lucky to be able to play and have fun with. If any of us can't see this and participate from this perspective, we really shouldn't play. For most of us, real wrestling has passed us by, for those lucky ones whom still can compete, devote your real energy into that by all means. This is just fun.
    Last edited by MOJO; 11-05-2007 at 11:57 PM.

Mojo,

Eazee took Burroughs in Round 9. Since you're technically the last pick I'll still let you trade Peterkin in for someone if you'd like.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: College Wrestling Fantasy League Draft Thread Avallone to go

I would reccomend matt moley I almost picked him up hoping to trade with you

are we all back to a semblence of normalcy...i in no way want to lose a contributor like LOST but I am not going to stand idly by while he takes pot shots at a guy like Jensens or TLV. i remember what The Mat was like and Jensens has created a forum for true wrestling fans...he has calmed the bull$hit and taken alot of the responsibility for the fantasy wrestling on to his own shoulders after a dumb a$$ like me actually suggested we do something like this while I had zero time on my hands to pull it together...

Brother LOST, I have no issue with you personally but when I felt your tone on here after a week's worth of draft where I know that I spent about 10-15 hours involved against Jensens, I didn't appreciate it knowing that he most likely spent 30-45 hours here monitoring things...

Lets get back to the sport we all love and have a good time...this will be about the sport, the athletes and the BEER at my house...i am personally looking forward to tracking teams like UNI and Harvard who basically make up about 30% of my team while cheering like an idiot for my beloved gofers.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Mojo,

Eazee took Burroughs in Round 9. Since you're technically the last pick I'll still let you trade Peterkin in for someone if you'd like.
    Thanks Brother Jensen, but I think I'll keep Peterkin (I think he is going to have a great season, and besides, I have to face him every Sunday for the next few weeks at my son's Sunkist Kids practice. I'll try and trade someone else for a 149 lber in the next week or so.
    Anyone interested in Chase Pami or Phil Moricone? They have only been taken down by a little old lady on her way to church every Sunday .

i didn't think trades were an option...? i thought what we drafted we were stuck with until Christmas at which time we could supplement our team if guys were out with injuries or no longer starters...

maybe i missed a post or two but that was the reason for the 15 rounds...there has to be some risk so if you went balls out and picked a guy in the first round and he gets injured and you didnt back him up with another guy, you run the risk of forfeiting that weight until christmas...jensens mercifully said that if your guy got injured, you get his back-up so we should not have to trade at all.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Im glad I didnt get moley because I was afraid thats all you'd be willing to trade. If caldwell goes 149 I might trade jarguei for a leen or someone like that, otherwise I think someone grabbed mueller and I think thats the only other backup at 149

"They have only been taken down by a little old lady on her way to church every Sunday."

God, I have heard that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    You can trade him in for Hitschler, Penn's actual 157 this year if you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    i didn't think trades were an option...? i thought what we drafted we were stuck with until Christmas at which time we could supplement our team if guys were out with injuries or no longer starters...

maybe i missed a post or two but that was the reason for the 15 rounds...there has to be some risk so if you went balls out and picked a guy in the first round and he gets injured and you didnt back him up with another guy, you run the risk of forfeiting that weight until christmas...jensens mercifully said that if your guy got injured, you get his back-up so we should not have to trade at all.
    Jensens stated in the rules that trades were encouraged and I like the idea however I see very few if any trades actually occuring