Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bad day

Default Re: bad day

Still praying for everyone. Please keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

If it's any consolation at all, I'm from Rochester, and he's at the best place that he could be for such extensive treatment.

My mom, less than a week ago, fell in the nursing home (Alzheimer's patient) and shattered her hip, which had to be completely reconstructed at the Mayo Clinic, or, as us Rochester folks call it, "the clinic." She's up on her feet (so I'm told) and healing just fine.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I've been monitoring Gilby's condition through the website Caring Bridge. I believe you have to log in to view the page but here is the link to Jason's page.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jasongilbertson

I have been praying since hearing about Jason missing and will continue to through his recovery. Anything you need Skut, let me know. You and all the guys are always welcome to stay in Roch with Kim and I!

Please keep praying.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Hey fella's. Thanks for all the prayers. Jason has a long road ahead of him but he's making progress in baby steps. He has some brain damage to his midbrain but to what extent is unknown. He is still in a coma but is responding to some verbal stimuli. They have started surgeries to repair all of his broken bones. Today they repaired his hip. He is back in his room resting now.

Please pray for him to wake up and for him to have minimal brain damage.

Jason was a heavyweight and in true HWT fashion there wasnt much scoring in his matches. But they were never in doubt we always knew that he would come out on top. He won tight match after tight match all the way to a state title. So I'll leave this post with a fitting quote by an obscure lesser known wrestler from Iowa.

"The first period is won by the wrestler with the best technique. The second period is won by the kid in the best shape. The third period is won by the kid with the most heart." Dan Gable

Jason always won with heart and he will again.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Glad to hear things are improving. Who the hell is Dan Gable?
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Glad to hear things are improving. Who the hell is Dan Gable?
    He what that hot shot wrestler that lost to Larry Owings one year in the NCAA finals. I think he had a decent career otherwise though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I know Herkey could give much better details but I thought I should let everyone know that Gilby went home last week! His progress is nothing short of a miracle. He woke from his coma and has been working so hard (phisically and mentally)...I dont want to give a lot of misinformation so I will let Herkey or Chop explain more if they want, but Gilby is for the most part back to his old self. It is my feeling that all the prayers really helped Gilby and I would like to thank everyone for their positive thoughts!

Thanks for the good news.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.