141 Dardanes AA (7th-8th)
    149 Ness (Finals)
    157 Zilverburg NCAA Qualifier
    165 Yohn AA (7th-8th)
    174 Storley AA (2nd-5th)
    184 Steinhaus AA (2nd-4th)
    197 Schiller AA (7th-8th)
    Hwt Nelson (Finals)

Maybe a tad optimistic, but I don't think I'm unrealistic.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Default Re: Breakdown your team and were you think their guys will finish

125: Eddie Klimara - OSU recruited 3 "lifetime" 125s who have outgrown the weight now. One is going to try to make it back down, but I expect the true freshman will end up starting. I understand he is a pretty well thought of recruit, but don't see much beyond qualifying for anyone from OSU at this weight.

133: Jon Morrison - He looked better the longer break he had, but it wasn't enough. Hopefully at 133 he can go in and focus just on getting better everyday and we see the results on the mat. Low AA is the best I can see here all the same.

141: Jordan Oliver - This is probably the smart play, lots of risk in jumping 2 weights. I still would have had him as the favorite. Same thing as Morrison here, except a JO only working to get better everyday could be amazing to see. Anything less than champ is a disappointment.

149: Josh Kindig - I've heard he struggled with his weight last season and so you would think this is the third weight where going up should have better results, but I don't see it. He was dwarfed by several opponents at 141, and seems too short to be effective at 149 to me. Probable qualifier but nothing else (again)

157: Alex Dierenger - Everyone has raved about him so far, and so I'm hoping for an excellent season. Dake going up can only help raise his point scoring potential, even if I don't think he would have challenged Dake. I'm hoping he is in the 3-6 range.

165: Tyler Caldwell - On the other hand, Dake going up hurts here. I am still curious to see Caldwell and Taylor square off since it is a big time style clash, but I can't really see him beating either guy ahead of him. Luckily, I don't see anyone below him sneaking up on him, so third.

174: Chris Perry - He wrestled much better at 174 I thought. With Ruth going up and Howe redshirting, he is preseason #1. I'm guessing at least a top 3 finish again, and expect he will get the job done and add National Title 11 to the family.

184: Chris Chionuma - Another one that most are pretty positive about. He is making the jump up 2 weights, although I think he started in January rather than March and was doing well putting the extra weight on. If he isn't getting the job done, Jordan Rogers is waiting in the wings. I'm skeptical and only saying qualifier.

197: Blake Rosholt - A pretty shiny record from last season marred by the fact that his best win, by far, was over a teammate. Beating all the guys you are supposed to is a good start, but he hasn't shown the ability to beat the guys you see on Friday at nationals yet. I think 4-6 right now.

285: Alan Gelogaev - "I should be able to destroy pretty much everyone." I'm glad he thinks so, I'm less convinced since this is a tough weight. 1-4 provided he can stay healthy.

Not really much surprises from OSU as a team, a ton of talent, but following through on that hasn't happened. I think adding Scuffle and Big XII duals the day before the Big XII conference tournament should do a lot to help fix one of the reasons for that. Going to be tough to unseat anyone but Cornell who finished ahead of them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk101 View Post
    125 Nikko Triggas rd12 at best.
    133 Logan Stieber 1st-3rd AA
    141 Hunter Stieber 1st-5th AA
    149 Cam Tessari 5th-8th AA
    157 Derek Garcia wins a match or 2 at ncaa.
    165 Josh Demas wins a match or 2 at ncaa.
    174 Nick Heflin 4th-8th AA
    184 Kenny Courts/Cody Magrum rd12 at best.
    197 Andrew Campolattano 5-8th AA
    285 Pete Capone wins a match or 2 at ncaa's.
    He's a returning all american. I'm not saying he's a shoe in for aa status, but his best is sure as heck better than the round of 12.

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Are you referring to that nightmarish final where he got handed his ASS by Robles?
    Robles won 7-1 and never scored after the first period other than an escape.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Minnesota
    125 Thorn NCAA Qualifier Rd 12
    133 Dardanes AA (3rd-4th)
    149 Ness (Finals)
    165 Yohn AA (7th-8th)
    174 Storley AA (2nd-5th)
    Hwt Nelson (Finals)

Not too bad..I'm proud of your realistic outlook.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Goferphan, your picks are very realistic but I think you're selling Storley short. He has a legit shot to win

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I wish someone would definitively say Colon was going 125 or 133.
    EVERYONE wants him to go 125, and considering that he isn't eligible to wrestle with the team until Midlands, he really only has about half of the season to make 125, as opposed to an entire season doing it. I'm using that as my hope that he does choose to go 125.

Then, no worries about 133 being Wolfensperger's spot too, which he is perfect for.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Why isn't he eligible, grades?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Minnesota
    125 Thorn NCAA Qualifier Rd 12
    133 Dardanes AA (3rd-4th)
    149 Ness (Finals)
    165 Yohn AA (7th-8th)
    174 Storley AA (2nd-5th)
    Hwt Nelson (Finals)

Thorn is the wildcard. If he is doing as well as Eggum claims (national championship caliber) then Minny is in the drivers seat. I'm cautious, but optimistic that he could become the game changer.

157 is up in the air. People are saying that Danny Z is no longer wrestling. Others are saying that Seth Lange had a growth spurt and will be the starter. Mincey, Smith, and Ortiz are all we know for sure.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"