View Poll Results: Dake or Taylor who wins?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dake over Taylor

37 58.73%
  • Taylor over Dake

20 31.75%
  • Dake would win but it won't happen.

6 9.52%
  • Taylor would win but it won't happen.

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dake vs Taylor, who wins?

Default Re: Dake vs Taylor, who wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Can't wait to see this one. Wonder if Dake will be able to ride Taylor given his length and size. Will be a little different than Marion and Molinaro.
    Pretty sure Dake did a great job riding DSJ, and St John is probably taller than Dake is. For Dake I dont think it matters what the body style is, he can ride anybody. But, Molinaro will still to this day choose down.

Does either wrestler choose down?

Once again have to go with Dake. However, Dake did not do a very good job riding DSJ. I was surprised how quickly DSJ got away from Dake in the national finals. This first match is a match that could go either way, but as we've seen in the past, Dake gets stronger and unbeatable the longer the year goes on and if they meet in the national finals, its Dake, no question! I'm also interested to see if Dake has any size advantage at 65. I'm a true believer that being "hungry" on the mat makes you mentally tougher. Will Dake be hungry at 65, I don't know. I'm planning to be at the match with a bus full of youth wrestlers from Maryland. Can't wait to provide the first hand account! DC

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Cutter View Post
    Once again have to go with Dake. However, Dake did not do a very good job riding DSJ. I was surprised how quickly DSJ got away from Dake in the national finals. This first match is a match that could go either way, but as we've seen in the past, Dake gets stronger and unbeatable the longer the year goes on and if they meet in the national finals, its Dake, no question! I'm also interested to see if Dake has any size advantage at 65. I'm a true believer that being "hungry" on the mat makes you mentally tougher. Will Dake be hungry at 65, I don't know. I'm planning to be at the match with a bus full of youth wrestlers from Maryland. Can't wait to provide the first hand account! DC
    What are you talking about? DSJ DIDNT get away from Dake. At any point. Ever. Recall DSJ took neutral after being ridden out the 1st period.

DT has a legitimate chance of reversing Dake. DT reverses almost everyone..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    What are you talking about? DSJ DIDNT get away from Dake. At any point. Ever. Recall DSJ took neutral after being ridden out the 1st period.

DT has a legitimate chance of reversing Dake. DT reverses almost everyone..
    That's right--the one point Dake gave up was for stalling in the 3rd period. Otherwise it would have been 4-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Does either wrestler choose down?
    If I was either one of their coaches they wouldn't

NCAA Champ

Dake wins, he's in Taylors head already since he pinned him at Olympic Trials.
    The better match would be Dake Vs. Jenkins for Taylor owner bragging rights.

Kyle Dake vs David Taylor 2nd period - 2012 Olympic Trials HD - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by tpay View Post
    Dake wins, he's in Taylors head already since he pinned him at Olympic Trials.
    The better match would be Dake Vs. Jenkins for Taylor owner bragging rights.

Kyle Dake vs David Taylor 2nd period - 2012 Olympic Trials HD - YouTube
    You bring up Jenkins like Dake has never lost to somebody he shouldn't have

After watching the Dake-Taylor FS match it is hard not to pick Dake. I know it is a different style and all that, but Dake thoroughly schooled him.

If Dake wins this mathup and then title number #4 at either weight, my book has him as second best NCAA wrestler ever behind Cael.