Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: d-1 preseason rankings

Default Re: d-1 preseason rankings

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    Nobody knows what weight JO will be at. He's at 133 on the new roster. If he does go 149 it remains to be seen how effective he will be. Do you think McD could jump to 141 and be the #1? If not then why Oliver?
    Because theyre two completely different wrestlers with completely different skill sets?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    Oliver's strength has been his great speed. He gonna have it up 2 weight classes?
    I'd say his technique is his greatest strength, although he is very quick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I'd say his technique is his greatest strength, although he is very quick as well.
    I would say hes going to be faster than his opponents at 49 than he was at 33.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I'd say JO cannot wrestle the type of matches as he did against Steiber-by that I mean he CANNOT do nothing for 5 1/2 minutes and expect to win . NOT at 149 .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I'd say JO cannot wrestle the type of matches as he did against Steiber-by that I mean he CANNOT do nothing for 5 1/2 minutes and expect to win . NOT at 149 .
    The first time he wrestled Stieber he didn't do nothing for 5 1/2 minutes, he went out and dominated him.

The only two matches last year where didn't go out and just smash the guy were the two matches that he lost.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I'll admit i'm still a tad skeptical about JO after his freshman year then a dominating year then a tendency to do very little -usually just enough to win-with his skills he should dam near decimate everyone . 149 is VERY deep this year -with Mason pulling up #25 and a # of guys will give JO problems .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

The difference in physical strength that guys have at 149 compared to 133 will be the interesting thing to me. I think Oliver will fair well but will be interested to see if some guys are just too strong for him at 149.

a 2 weight class jump is akin to Dake wrestling Ruth or Ness wrestling DT. IMO, Kindig should be at 149 and JO at 141 .

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Agreed that Ruth is the guy to eat, but you can't just rank him ahead of the returning national champ at that weight.

Thorn will work his way up, but nobody has seen him wrestle 1 match at 125 so 15 is more than fair.

Again, can't rank Z any higher considering he hasn't finished the last 2 seasons. No question he's the most talented though.

I like JO too. Dylan is the highest placing returner at 149 though so he gets the nod.

Grab a bite to eat Louden.

I'm not a PSU fan either but I wouldn't condone eating Ed Ruth, even on my 600 calorie a day diet.

These rankings aren't based on whose the highest returning placer at each weight. If it were Sentes wouldn't be higher than Ramos. Plus if we learned anything from Nick Amuchasteguis #3 seed last year, its that you can rank anyone anywhere you want and don't need a good reason to do so.
    Last edited by louden swain; 09-24-2012 at 10:00 PM.