Thread: Post-Olympic weight changes

Default Post-Olympic weight changes

As this part of the board has gone dormant, I'll ask a question:
    Following the Olympic games, what wrestlers are going to try a different weight to see if they have more success?
    And to make it a little more interesting, do you think they will see more success at the new weight?

I don't mean to limit this to wrestlers who were in the Olympics this year. Not surprisingly, I think it is more likely for those who didn't make it.

Default Re: Post-Olympic weight changes

there have been posts implying that fila may change the weight classes again.

Default Re: Post-Olympic weight changes

i know this doesn't really answer your question, but Asgarov and Hasaynov are supposedly moving up in weight, which I think works for both.

This isn't a rumor or anything, but I wish Gayzumov would try heavyweight. The way he fell apart in the Olympics was just wierd, and he looked pretty sucked IMO.

I've heard 55, 62, 69, 77, 87, 100 and 130 for new weight classes as a possibility. Personally I don't see that it makes much difference, apart from letting bigger guys compete. With 7 weight classes, guys are always going to have to mold their bodies into the appropriate weight class. I think it makes sense to keep them the same, so that people who are still growing know what weight classes they will be growing into.