Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Projected line up for Minny

Default Re: Projected line up for Minny

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    JT was a helluva wrestler in the day. He KNOWS wrestling and has connections everywhere-when he posts something i tend to believe him.
    johnythompson1 used to post here on occasion and is a big Johny Thompson fan and quite a poster but is motto be confused is the actual JT.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    And Chris D beats Ramos at some point next year.
    Provided he stays off his back.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

JT was a helluva wrestler in the day. He KNOWS wrestling and has connections everywhere-when he posts something i tend to believe him.
    Johnythompsunnum1 is not johny thompson, he's just a dude who is an iowa fan who apparently loved Johnythompson. He goes by Steve Stonebraker I believe. He really doesn't know much and just predicts victory for whoever he likes. Like Cole Von Ohlen to be top 3 for a few yeras running.
    Barring injuries -Minny will be unbeatable next year !!
    Really? Nico, Alton, Alton, Taylor, Brown, Ruth, Wright is a pretty nasty lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Dardanes is very good and if I were a Gopher fan I would be excited. But I caution you to not get overly excited. I predict he will be taught a few hard lessons this season because he isn't going to sneak up on anyone this time.
    He was the guy in their line up from January on (aka the entire Big 10 season). With him being in their line up that long can you really use the "he was sneaking up on people" excuse?

To Chris' credit he beat the hell out of Ramos in the hand fighting in all of their matches except the 3rd place match at NCAA's where Ramos snapped and took it to him a little bit, he's just got to find a way to make that hand fighting pay off with leg attacks.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

well, there has to be some excuse for Steiber losing.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    He was the guy in their line up from January on (aka the entire Big 10 season). With him being in their line up that long can you really use the "he was sneaking up on people" excuse?

To Chris' credit he beat the hell out of Ramos in the hand fighting in all of their matches except the 3rd place match at NCAA's where Ramos snapped and took it to him a little bit, he's just got to find a way to make that hand fighting pay off with leg attacks.
    I am saying that excuse ends this season. That was my exact point. He will be scouted and taken serious. I still predict him to AA but he won't come close to Ramos or Stieber, IMO. I say he finishes a disappointing 5th.

I am saying that excuse ends this season. That was my exact point. He will be scouted and taken serious.
    He spent 2.5 months in the line up last season. If you want to use the "he was new to the line up" excuse for him beating Stieber (which is what I assume you're getting at) I guess I can see that given that at that point he was new to the line up but to use it for matches after that is patently ridiculous.

He was at his best at NCAA's which is exactly when according to you he should have fallen off given that people would have had time to scout him and take him seriously. Him knocking off Futrell at NCAA's after losing to him twice during the year kind of flies in the face of that.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I am saying that excuse ends this season. That was my exact point. He will be scouted and taken serious. I still predict him to AA but he won't come close to Ramos or Stieber, IMO. I say he finishes a disappointing 5th.
    You really trying to convince me that people weren't taking him serious after he won the Scuffle and beat Stieber? C'mon maaan. Everyone(with a clue) knew that Minny was deep at 33 and would be tough whether Thorn or Dardanes took the mat.

He wrestles everyone close for the most part because of his skill working ties. So he will wrestle Stieber and Ramos close in all likelihood. I'm not predicting a win for him either over those two but I don't see him getting blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    well, there has to be some excuse for Steiber losing.
    Good one. Whats your excuse for Tessari pinning Ness?