Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So--Who Do You Think Will be #1-10?

Default Re: So--Who Do You Think Will be #1-10?

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Dake
    Mcd
    Dt
    Er
    Howe
    Oliver
    Stieber
    Killer
    Bosak
    Nelson
    Looking at your list shows me some inconsistency in mine. I picked Stieber over Oliver just because he "won" the NCAA finals match. But, I think Oliver is still better at this point. So, I went on NCAA results, not with what my gut tells me. However, with McD--his record of 3 finals and 2 championships would argue for him getting #2 (the second most titles and tied for the most finals appearances). But, my gut says that DT and ER are more dominant than the acknowledged dominance of McD. It's subjective, granted. All of the top 5 are mighty impressive and Oliver and Stieber aren't far behind. I think there is a slight drop-off after #7.

Agree about the drop off after 7
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I don't put Steiber in the class of the top 6 yet. Maybe he is there, but the others have proven to be outstanding for multiple years. By outstanding, I mean they could be in the conversation for top overall wrestler almost any year. That's a really strong bunch.

I'd put Steiber in his own group, though right now I can't see putting him clearly in a better group than Kilgore. It is probably because Steiber is so early in his career, and also because Kilgore is fearsome human being. After them, the drop starts.

It's also really hard for me to see Bosak above wright. Yes, he one one match against him, but Wright has beat him silly for the rest of their careers. I'm sure as hell not going to put Delgado over McDonough, even the day after their match.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Dake
    Mcd
    Dt
    Er
    Howe
    Oliver
    Stieber
    Killer
    Bosak
    Nelson
    VA, I get Dake at the top, but how do you have McD over Taylor (and maybe Ruth)?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    VA, I get Dake at the top, but how do you have McD over Taylor (and maybe Ruth)?
    2x champ, 3x finalist.

Never had an undefeated season though.

I'd put Taylor's and Ruth's seasons last year over any of McDonough's.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Honestly I don't really know. I don't know the formula they're using exactly. Just thought McD would get a bump by being 1,2,1 which is better than 3, 1 and 2, 1 I guess. I wouldn't think it's an injustice if Ed and DT were ahead either.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodLion View Post
    I don't put Steiber in the class of the top 6 yet. Maybe he is there, but the others have proven to be outstanding for multiple years. By outstanding, I mean they could be in the conversation for top overall wrestler almost any year. That's a really strong bunch.

I'd put Steiber in his own group, though right now I can't see putting him clearly in a better group than Kilgore. It is probably because Steiber is so early in his career, and also because Kilgore is fearsome human being. After them, the drop starts.

It's also really hard for me to see Bosak above wright. Yes, he one one match against him, but Wright has beat him silly for the rest of their careers. I'm sure as hell not going to put Delgado over McDonough, even the day after their match.
    Actually, BBL, they never wrestled until this past year (hard to believe since they were from the same county--just different weights in HS). Anyway, Wright won the first match something like 10-3 and then had the OVT loss at NCAA's. But if you're saying that Wright's collegiate career as a whole was better than Bosak's I'd have to agree; in fact I think it's very clear--6,1,2 compared to 4,1. Now that I re-read your post I think that's what you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Never had an undefeated season though.

I'd put Taylor's and Ruth's seasons last year over any of McDonough's.
    Is water also wet?