Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covering Your Bases In The Most Important Speech That You Give

Default Re: Covering Your Bases In The Most Important Speech That You Give

How Fast Can Paul Ryan Run a Marathon? : The New Yorker

Ryan caught lying about his marathon PR as well. Claimed to have run a sub 3 hour race in the early 90's, turns out he was over 4.

Obviously doesn't mean a damn thing politically, but its funny that he lies about this as well.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Do a quick search of Obama's speech that he gave to the Democractic National Convention that first put him on the map. He gave this heart warming tale of his parents watching the Selma Alabama marches and then deciding to have Barack because those marches gave his parents hope in America. It was a great tale and inpiring except for one thing. Obama was already like 4 years old when those marches happened.

Personally, I only caught the part where Ryan said he listened to AC DC and Zeppelin. I don't condone the lying but I also don't condone listening to political propaganda and that's exactly what these conventions are.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Do a quick search of Obama's speech that he gave to the Democractic National Convention that first put him on the map. He gave this heart warming tale of his parents watching the Selma Alabama marches and then deciding to have Barack because those marches gave his parents hope in America. It was a great tale and inpiring except for one thing. Obama was already like 4 years old when those marches happened.

Personally, I only caught the part where Ryan said he listened to AC DC and Zeppelin. I don't condone the lying but I also don't condone listening to political propaganda and that's exactly what these conventions are.
    I did look Obama's speech and his convention speech did not mention Selma, however, he did give a speech in Selma AL in 2007 that talked about multiple civil rights events and credited them for giving his parents hope. he did mention Selma in the list of events, but it is twisting the spirit of his speech and the facts to state it the way you did.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I did look Obama's speech and his convention speech did not mention Selma, however, he did give a speech in Selma AL in 2007 that talked about multiple civil rights events and credited them for giving his parents hope. he did mention Selma in the list of events, but it is twisting the spirit of his speech and the facts to state it the way you did.

Okay. I got the speech wrong. But you get the gist.

Okay. I got the speech wrong. But you get the gist.
    No I believe you got the gist wrong, as well as the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    outstanding sources NPR and Rolling Stone
    NPR is an excellent source. I have never seen them acused of getting their facts wrong. Roling Stone not so much

Let's see: Rolling Stone includes the ACTUAL DOCUMENTS that show the bailouts that Willard Mitt Romney received and the ACTUAL DOCUMENTS are a bad source? Okey dokey!

In the even that you didn't see the ACTUAL DOCUMENTS contained within the Rolling Stone story, here they are.
    Mitt Romney's Federal Bailout: The Documents Pictures | Rolling Stone

After reading them, and the original story that the ACTUAL DOCUMENTS appeared in, let us know what is inaccurate.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post

I couldn't get your link to work. But I did read his Selma speech. He inferred exactly what I said he did. He knew what he was doing when he did it. But he gets a pass. Nothing new.

He knew what he was doing when he did it. But he gets a pass. Nothing new.
    Can't get one by you.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.