Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: GM could still fall despite gov.bailout

Default Re: GM could still fall despite gov.bailout

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    In 2010 GM admitted that it was losing money on every single volt they built, in 2011 USA today showed that the US gov. meaning us would lose 14 billion on the loans to GM. It has gone up since then meaning the stock has gone down, that coupled with the issues in Europe I think it is reasonable that GM is on the path to another bankruptcy.
    Yes, as I said earlier, one down quarter proves that they will be bankrupt soon.

Hang in there: your good news of a total economic collapse under Obama is still possibly in the cards.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

From Nov. 2010 to now the stock has dropped 14 dollars. so I think its been down longer than one quarter.

Still have the largest share of the market, and, as I said earlier, aside from Opel (European market), GM's been a winner. Opel is keeping it down.

How about some good news for America, eh?

Auto Sales - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

Yep still the largest market share eventhough its down 25%. Looking at the numbers you provided in the WSJ for has Ford occupies 3 of the top ten spots losing sales on the escape, while GM hold 1 spot in the top ten and lost 12% in sales from last month not to mention the 39% they lost on volt. Of the top ten the majority are foriegn auto makers.

That 25% number came from motor trend.

Ok, being that the implication is that Obama is responsible for GM's "decline" this quarter, what specifically has Obama done to destroy GM since 2009?

If it's NOT Obama's responsibility, then why are you repeatedly just singling out GM and praying that they will fall on their faces?

I'm very interested in this and find the hope for American companies to fail appalling.
    Last edited by ban basketball; 08-28-2012 at 02:53 PM.

He appointed the CEO.

I could also pile on Chrystler but they paid back their gov. loan. I would rag on Ford but they are profitable and they didnt take any money. So that only leaves one and thats GM. Even though Chrystler is now struggling again as we knew it would at least they paid back the loan. So I dont hope for any american company to fail but I know taht in business sometimes it happens and it isnt the governments job to prevent it by giving them tax payer money. Also as Quinn pointed out many of the foriegn car companies make a large amount of vehivles here in the states, like the VW I drive. The jeep I drive was assembled in Mexico.

In 2010 GM admitted that it was losing money on every single volt they built, in 2011 USA today showed that the US gov. meaning us would lose 14 billion on the loans to GM. It has gone up since then meaning the stock has gone down, that coupled with the issues in Europe I think it is reasonable that GM is on the path to another bankruptcy.
    Do you really think this is credible evidence GM is about to fail. That they have one unprofitable product line? Their stock has gone down?
    I get that you don't like the bailout, but I don't see any evidence that GM is about to go belly-up. A large part of that is because the American taxpayer bailed them out. While you might not like that, it is evidence that the auto bailout served its purpose.

So your position is that GM is not wildly successful and your were opposed to the auto bailout and everything Obama does

He appointed the CEO.

I could also pile on Chrystler but they paid back their gov. loan. I would rag on Ford but they are profitable and they didnt take any money. So that only leaves one and thats GM. Even though Chrystler is now struggling again as we knew it would at least they paid back the loan. So I dont hope for any american company to fail but I know taht in business sometimes it happens and it isnt the governments job to prevent it by giving them tax payer money. Also as Quinn pointed out many of the foriegn car companies make a large amount of vehivles here in the states, like the VW I drive. The jeep I drive was assembled in Mexico.
    According to the data I provided earlier, it looks like Chrysler is entirely operating in the black. Not sure what you're talking about there.

As for GM, looks like some Fox facts are clouding the reality here again. Yes, they DID pay back the loan with other TARP funds that they didn't use. FactCheck.org : General Motors’ Debt

So, when are the big banks going to pay us back from the bailout money that "president" George C- Bush gave them? Are you also hoping for those major banks to fail too? If not, why not?