Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

Clearly that is where we disagree, Scuba. Our government was not designed to take care of people. Protect them and ensure their liberties, yes. But to actually swwop in and save someone from themselves, no. You have the same freedom to fail as you do succeed. That's why starting a business is such a risk and should not be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I will disregard the Aganda 21 remark because it is factual, not a theory, and available to read. I guarantee you haven't read it. Until you do, you can't intelligently talk about it. Although it makes for good fodder among those of you who make the choice to be ignorant of a situation.

So my family is away this week and I am home alone drinking Scotch, so I will throw caution to the wind and reply to this.
    I actually have read Agenda 21 flollowing links from this board, and I see that it is real. I also see that it is a general set of principles set out by a nameless and powerless set of bueracrats almost thrity years ago. It has no power and no policy is being driven by it. It was so forgetable and uninteresting that I cannot recall a single detail and have no desire to read it again.
    Thinking that this is an evil conspiracy designed to take our freedom away and enslave us to the one world government makes you out on the fringe and qualifies you as a conspiracy theorist.

It's alive and well hidden under the name "smart growth". I'm sure you've heard of it because local goverments all across the nation are touting it's benefits. Keep denying it all you want but one day your private property will not be private because it won't be deemed as a benefit for the whole society. Check out smartgrowthamerica.org.

Keep drinking the kool aid quinn

It's alive and well hidden under the name "smart growth". I'm sure you've heard of it because local goverments all across the nation are touting it's benefits. Keep denying it all you want but one day your private property will not be private because it won't be deemed as a benefit for the whole society. Check out smartgrowthamerica.org.
    So I went to the website and if you see some sinister hidden motive in that group, I don't know what to say. It was the most innocuous web sites I have ever seen promoting the concept of urban planning.... Did I miss something?
    Do you seriously believe that US citizens are going to let their property be taken or that there are even groups that are seriously advocating this?

Folks, take it from this guy: Agenda 21 is REAL and coming to a community (note the root word of "community") near you soon!

In all seriousness, actually watch this vidyo and tell me the last time you've seen a huckster this smooth.

UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    So I went to the website and if you see some sinister hidden motive in that group, I don't know what to say. It was the most innocuous web sites I have ever seen promoting the concept of urban planning.... Did I miss usomething?
    Do you seriously believe that US citizens are going to let their property be taken or that there are even groups that are seriously advocating this?
    The United Nations Millinium Papers, Issue 2, page 2-3. It's a real UN document that says that the public will not allow anything done under the name Agenda 21 because the name is associated with conspiracy theories. So they suggest using terms like "smart growth" , "comprehensive planning"and "growth management". It's right there in the open.

I find 2 things very funny about you ODH. 1 Is that you called me a conspiracy theorists for months but never even tried to prove me wrong until yesterday. Then you found out that it was not just a theory. So trust me on this one. Check out the UN Millinium Papers Issue 2 and see if I'm making it up.

The 2nd thing I find funny is that someone who admits to drinking scotch and not remembering anything he read can try and tell someone else that their full of it. Seriously? You know nothing more today if you can't remember what you read yesterday. Again, read issue 2 and notice how they have read you and people like you perfectly. They know most people are too lazy to look it up.

EDIT- I just read that the republican party officially denounced Agenda 21 at their convention. I don't doubt it's just posturing, but it does disprove everyone who thought it wasn't real. Google Agenda 21 republican convention. It is real and they are saying the same thing I've been saying. I am a bit suprised that they even acknowledged it since both Bushs agreed with it.
    Last edited by quinn14; 08-29-2012 at 08:28 PM.

The United Nations Millinium Papers, Issue 2, page 2-3. It's a real UN document that says that the public will not allow anything done under the name Agenda 21 because the name is associated with conspiracy theories. So they suggest using terms like "smart growth" , "comprehensive planning"and "growth management". It's right there in the open.

I find 2 things very funny about you ODH. 1 Is that you called me a conspiracy theorists for months but never even tried to prove me wrong until yesterday. Then you found out that it was not just a theory. So trust me on this one. Check out the UN Millinium Papers Issue 2 and see if I'm making it up.

The 2nd thing I find funny is that someone who admits to drinking scotch and not remembering anything he read can try and tell someone else that their full of it. Seriously? You know nothing more today if you can't remember what you read yesterday. Again, read issue 2 and notice how they have read you and people like you perfectly. They know most people are too lazy to look it up.

EDIT- I just read that the republican party officially denounced Agenda 21 at their convention. I don't doubt it's just posturing, but it does disprove everyone who thought it wasn't real. Google Agenda 21 republican convention. It is real and they are saying the same thing I've been saying. I am a bit suprised that they even acknowledged it since both Bushs agreed with it.
    I read it months ago following the links you provided and I remember nothing because it was so inconsequential, the Scotch just clouded my judgement enough to think it was a good idea to post. Agenda 21 is real as it is a real document...I never argued with that but to believe that anything evil is going to come from is way out there.

I looked up the Republican platform and you are correct. That they officially opposed it.

My first hit from Google gave me this"
    Agenda 21 is a 1992 United Nations resolution that encourages sustainable development globally. Although it is nonbinding and has no force of law in the United States, it has increasingly become a point of passionate concern to a circle of Republican activists who argue that the resolution is part of a United Nations plot to deny Americans their property rights...activists aligned with the Tea Party disrupting local city and state land use planning meetings nationwide to denounce sustainable efforts to reduce energy use — including bike lanes on public streets and smart meters on home appliances. The activists see such community projects as the first steps in a plan to limit individual rights.
    ...Most of those pushing the Agenda 21 theory have been largely on the margins of their own party

Bike lanes are the first steps to property confiscation? You don't see that as out there?
    The REpublican party will not advertise this as it will make look like paranoid extremists.

So I read your links about Agenda 21. I will post one more article from the Tampa Bay Times about Agenda 21 and the Republican party platform:
    Fears of Agenda 21 go mainstream in the Republican Party platform - Tampa Bay Times

In a nation fond of its conspiracy theories, the belief that an international cabal is plotting to take over the United States by building bicycle paths manages to stand out.

That's the fear of dedicated activists who assert that proponents of green development projects are secretly colluding with the United Nations to create a tyrannical worldwide government, using as their blueprint a 1992 U.N. environmental accord called Agenda 21.

As outlandish as it might sound, the theory has led some groups to openly denounce Agenda 21 as a threat to American freedoms.

Among those groups: the Republican Party.

You should read this article and think what makes sense. I will retire from posting on this subject since I am sure it will not change your mind (although I reserve the right to throw an occasional mocking cheap shot)