Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I'd be interested in an answer to this question.
    Again, I can't paste. Just do a yahoo search with the words "Obama tax cuts stimulus package". Read the very first article. Or explain what you mean because tis article has a pie chart of the tax cuts from it and the government spending. Look it up.

Here is a question I've asked several people. What would you do with extra money in your paycheck. Most who I ask say they would pay bills or save it. Does Obama expect a middle or lower class family to buy a new car with a tax break? I'll bet a rich person would. I'll bet a company would take advantage of the break to make upgrades too. That means that the middle class people that make the cars now get to keep their job or even get some overtime. I'm sure people barely paying bills would rather have overtime than a 20 dollar a week taxbreak.

Again, if everyone paid the same percentage it would be fair.

If everyone paid the same amount the rich would still pay a vast majority of the taxes in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    If everyone paid the same amount the rich would still pay a vast majority of the taxes in the nation.
    Because they also make the majority of the income in this country.

It's called "the ability to pay principle" of taxation and we've done it this way since day one. The only difference is that now taxes are their lowest in almost 60 years, hence, the budget deficits that we've seen explode.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Dont get me wrong I am for a progressive income tax system, but the fact still remains the same. We know that you cant just take all of the money from the ruch and expect to run the government, it wont work. Everyone should have to pay federal income tax. at least something.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Or explain what you mean
    Do you think the $275 billion dollars in tax cuts included in the Recovery and Reinvestment act was a good thing?

At the very least you seem to be aware that it was there (which is more than can be said for some people).
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

In 2010 the CBO said the tax breaks were the least effective protion of the stimulus.

According to the judge in the original post -taxes won't play a big part when the UN troops move in
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    In 2010 the CBO said the tax breaks were the least effective protion of the stimulus.
    That doesn't answer my question.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I think that tax cuts are good and I think they served a purpose, however I think the stimulus money could have been put to better use. The tax cuts and a majority of the money going to infrastructure would have had a better longer laying impact on all aspects of the recession imo.