Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

Default Re: Texas judge warns of CIVIL war.

I the issue goes both ways. I absolutely believe that some people opposed Obama for racial reasons, of that I dont think there can be any question. I dont think it is as much as other people do but it happened and is happening. I also believe that the fact that he is half black has allowed those who might oppose him because of his policy to be labeled as racist. It is a convenient way to stop or derail the debate, much like immigration, to some A=B A you oppose Obama B your a racist. I think that is also a fact and its always the same when any white person speaks out against a minority person or group. Unfortunately the people who make these claims have some reason to do so, because of the people who do oppose him because of his race. It is rally pathetic for both parties, neither has any genuine desire to have a healthy, logical, debate they each drop to the lowest common denominator.

I was going to mention the south had WANTED FOR TREASON posters of JFK after the Bay of Pigs then remembered the Klan has little love for Catholics either. MOJO teaches a class on ISMS and wish he would come around more and post about this.
    IMO, the GOOD OL' BOY network is alive and well and NOT limited to the South .
    I originally posted this because i found it odd that an elected official would publicly make such claims .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Odd is na understatement... disturbing is a better word.

What is ISMS?

Racism, patriotism, all isms where indoctrination is required .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

"For one, those sound like some Fox Facts to me, but two, and more importantly, was O'Donnell (1) a standing governor at that time and/or (2) a canderdate for President?"

Fox facts? Not sure what you mean by that. I was watching MSNBC when O'Donnell went off. It really was stunning.

Since NOBODY commented on it on any message boards, I was wondering if I was the only person in the world who witnessed it. That left me musing about, what would happen at some future time (LIKE NOW), if my testimony was questioned. You've got to admit it is unusual for a nominally respected news analyist to suggest dissolution of the states. He was very upset that Kerry lost and perhaps in total disbelief.

At any rate, I figured just getting a copy of the MSNBC tapes from that time would provide proof. But then it hit me that the powers-that-be at MSNBC may not really relish having a video record of such an embarassing event.

I brought it up as an example of someone, high profile, who seriously suggested secession. But he was not a politician (to my knowledge).

I still wonder if there is anyone else in the world who saw O'Donnell do that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

When I feel motivated to watch 24 hour news (ie-Colorado shootings, etc.), I watch poor CNN who is reported to have bad ratings. I pick them because I believe that they ARE the most fair and balanced. MSNBC folks are "progressive" advocates and pretty much admit it. FOX folks are "conservative" advocates and pretty much don't admit it.

I'd rather see the news WITHOUT the advocacy.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

"IMO, the GOOD OL' BOY network is alive and well and NOT limited to the South ."

For sure.

Within these pages I have written during the last few years, about institutional racism in the Cleveland area criminal justice system, institutional racism in the real estate establishment, and insitutional rasicm among law firms.

People have expessed doubt about the racist conslusions based on cold hard facts. One fellow when confronted with my personal experience of a landlord excluding all blacks from his 500 apartments, excused this behavior as appropriate capitalism, rather than as clear discrimination based on race.

Amazing and galling.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    If you don't think there is anyone out there that is opposed to Obama primarily because he is black then you are naive. Without a doubt there are still racists and you can't tell me they are judging Obama solely on his policies There are plenty of people oppose Obama and are not racists and I would be willing to bet there is another group of people who have subconscious antagonistic feelings toward Obama because he is black and that they don't even realize they exist.

I don't know what percentage of anti-Obama people fall into these groups and neither do you.

Saying there is no racism against Obama is equivalent to saying that the only reason people oppose Obama is because he is black.
    Well, I humbly suggest that you reread my post. I never suggested that there is no racism at all. Scuba flat out said that the only reason people hate Obama is because they are racist pure and simple. That couldn't be further from the truth. I despose Obama's policies as much as I despise Nancy Pelosi's or Harry Reid's. Screaming racism everytime someone opposes Obama is real old. It's the equivilent of a child throwing a tantrum b/c their mom won't buy them a toy.

I could run down the list of things I don't agree with him on, but I 've done that several times. I just wish people would quit bringing up race whenever someone doesn't agree with him. I don't agree with white liberals either, ask ban.

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    "For one, those sound like some Fox Facts to me, but two, and more importantly, was O'Donnell (1) a standing governor at that time and/or (2) a canderdate for President?"

Fox facts? Not sure what you mean by that. I was watching MSNBC when O'Donnell went off. It really was stunning.

Since NOBODY commented on it on any message boards, I was wondering if I was the only person in the world who witnessed it. That left me musing about, what would happen at some future time (LIKE NOW), if my testimony was questioned. You've got to admit it is unusual for a nominally respected news analyist to suggest dissolution of the states. He was very upset that Kerry lost and perhaps in total disbelief.

At any rate, I figured just getting a copy of the MSNBC tapes from that time would provide proof. But then it hit me that the powers-that-be at MSNBC may not really relish having a video record of such an embarassing event.

I brought it up as an example of someone, high profile, who seriously suggested secession. But he was not a politician (to my knowledge).

I still wonder if there is anyone else in the world who saw O'Donnell do that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

When I feel motivated to watch 24 hour news (ie-Colorado shootings, etc.), I watch poor CNN who is reported to have bad ratings. I pick them because I believe that they ARE the most fair and balanced. MSNBC folks are "progressive" advocates and pretty much admit it. FOX folks are "conservative" advocates and pretty much don't admit it.

I'd rather see the news WITHOUT the advocacy.
    I believe that you did see it; that I'm not questioning.

However, as I asked before: was O'Donnell at the time of the statement (1) a standing governor at that time and/or (2) a canderdate for President?"
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I the issue goes both ways. I absolutely believe that some people opposed Obama for racial reasons, of that I dont think there can be any question. I dont think it is as much as other people do but it happened and is happening. It is rally pathetic for both parties, neither has any genuine desire to have a healthy, logical, debate they each drop to the lowest common denominator.
    Fair enough for me. I can't dispute this post.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.