Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    It's a small world. My parents live in Upper Allen township about 1.5 miles from Messiah. One of my best friends is actually a track and field throws coach there.
    Is he coach for men/women or both? My daughter has talked with the women's track coach (a guy) about running cross-country there.

Quote Originally Posted by GaCoach View Post
    Give Georgia 4 years...
    I've seen a few really good kids come out of Georgia, but didn't think that wrestling was very widespread in the state. Are there a lot of HS programs in GA? I know that wrestling is getting bigger in South Carolina.

Give Alabama another 100 years...

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Wow, Vais. My daughter is just starting at Messiah this week. My wife is there for the orientation while I'm a long way off. Yes, now Messiah is officially in Mechanicsburg as they changed their postal address.
    They changed from Grantham? They're a decent bit closer to Dillsburg than Mechanicsburg. It's a good school, I hope your daughter likes it Tom!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    They changed from Grantham? They're a decent bit closer to Dillsburg than Mechanicsburg. It's a good school, I hope your daughter likes it Tom!!
    Yes, they changed from Grantham. Found out this summer. It means they have to change all their stationary and printed envelopes! Not sure why they did it--probably had to due to the postal system. I suspect that the other posters on TWT are following with great interest these postal changes!! I'd feel bad, but then I've seen some other posts on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I've seen a few really good kids come out of Georgia, but didn't think that wrestling was very widespread in the state. Are there a lot of HS programs in GA? I know that wrestling is getting bigger in South Carolina.
    It is getting bigger and bigger with each passing year. I say 4 years for a few of reasons:
    A) More and more schools are adopting wrestling in GA, leading to an increase in wrestling centers and camps
    B) Our talent pool is getting deeper. Look at Brooks Climmons out of Pope High School (my old school), he lost to Jordan Rogers on a VERY questionable call at Fargo. We are starting to see more wrestlers like Brooks pop up every year
    C) More GA colleges are starting to have wrestling programs. Just in the past few years, Shorter (D2) got a program, Life University/Brewton-Parker/Truett McConnell all started NAIA programs, and more and more colleges are toying with the idea of starting wrestling programs
    D) This past year 3 GA high schools were ranked in the top 50 schools in the state (Collins Hill/Jefferson/Camden County) with Pope High School most likely just outside the top 50. I fully expect this number to rise as the exposure to the sport increases throughout the state

Quote Originally Posted by GaCoach View Post
    It is getting bigger and bigger with each passing year. I say 4 years for a few of reasons:
    A) More and more schools are adopting wrestling in GA, leading to an increase in wrestling centers and camps
    B) Our talent pool is getting deeper. Look at Brooks Climmons out of Pope High School (my old school), he lost to Jordan Rogers on a VERY questionable call at Fargo. We are starting to see more wrestlers like Brooks pop up every year
    C) More GA colleges are starting to have wrestling programs. Just in the past few years, Shorter (D2) got a program, Life University/Brewton-Parker/Truett McConnell all started NAIA programs, and more and more colleges are toying with the idea of starting wrestling programs
    D) This past year 3 GA high schools were ranked in the top 50 schools in the state (Collins Hill/Jefferson/Camden County) with Pope High School most likely just outside the top 50. I fully expect this number to rise as the exposure to the sport increases throughout the state
    I know that Darton College in Albany, GA (my wife's hometown) started up a program. They got Chris Fleeger (former runner-up national champ from Purdue) to start up their program. He has moved on, but hopefully the program will continue. I'd love to see GA continue to progress in wrestling.

Mount Carmel Caravan

Mason is 6 feet tall and wrestles 125 -he'll be a tremendous asset at Darton.

Mason Todd commits to Darton College-INTERMAT
    « on: April 23, 2012, 12:42:51 AM »

Congrats Mason! The best of luck but a word of caution...watch out for those southern girls, they'll hurt ya!

InterMat Wrestling
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post

Mount Carmel Caravan

Mason is 6 feet tall and wrestles 125 -he'll be a tremendous asset at Darton.

Mason Todd commits to Darton College-INTERMAT
    « on: April 23, 2012, 12:42:51 AM »

Congrats Mason! The best of luck but a word of caution...watch out for those southern girls, they'll hurt ya!

InterMat Wrestling
    Hey, Russ, I married one of those southern belles and I'm glad I did! Six feet tall and 125??????