Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

Default Re: D1CW 2007 Recruiting Class Rewind

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    It sticks in my mind that Tim Darling went to Kutztown and that he placed something like 5th. But, I looked up the results and no Tim Darling placed in Div 2. There was a John Darling for College of NJ that placed 6th in Div III at 157 (which was Tim Darling's old weight). Not sure what to make of that. Couldn't find a Tim Darling as placer in either Div 2 or Div 3.
    Kutztown University Athletics - 2010-11 Wrestling Roster

Looks like you were one spot off Tom

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

My eternal pessimism notes that two of the under performers shown wrestled for the cowboys (Benefiel- waste of talent, White- not sure what happened). Clayton Foster was one of those guys that was always up there and competing but let one stupid move get himself pinned in the finals, can't really call him an underachiever, especially compared to the other two.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

I actually saw Cody Gardner out around town the other night... talk about a waste and just totally ignoring your talent. Doesn't appear that he left behind the things that took away his wrestling career and more importantly his education that would've given him a chance at a decent life, guess taking over dads ice cream place is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyes2 View Post
    I actually saw Cody Gardner out around town the other night... talk about a waste and just totally ignoring your talent. Doesn't appear that he left behind the things that took away his wrestling career and more importantly his education that would've given him a chance at a decent life, guess taking over dads ice cream place is good enough.
    No wonder he struggled to make 97.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    My eternal pessimism notes that two of the under performers shown wrestled for the cowboys (Benefiel- waste of talent, White- not sure what happened). Clayton Foster was one of those guys that was always up there and competing but let one stupid move get himself pinned in the finals, can't really call him an underachiever, especially compared to the other two.
    Falcon ,
    WTH gives you the right to complain ? Give up on Okie state for a year and follow the Hoosiers to learn REAL suffering .!!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Does IU still field a wrestling team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

They sent 9 guys to the B1G tournament last year .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

You forget that I am a Hoosiers fan too, first wrestling match I ever want to. I was 6 years old and my dad took me to one, I think they won.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

I take it that was around 13 years ago-you must have been at the Wabash match because they lost every big ten dual that year. Have you been in touch with Konz ? He may be their guy at 165 this year .