Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 69

Thread: Anyone else agree?

  1. #19

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    I just became a Big Red fan.
    Again, I wish there was a "like" button on this site. In fact, I demand it be done.

  2. #20

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Hit the little star just to the left of the reply button.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Hit the little star just to the left of the reply button.
    Sorry, I'm new here.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by jammen View Post
    I just became a Big Red fan.
    I've already saved it for posterity.

    Maybe one of my favorite Herkey posts ever that didn't reference the crown and tehj water meeting.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  5. #23

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by FalconWrestlingKY View Post
    Well if JO does go 149 (which if John is allowing this then I don't doubt his ability to beat Maple) then we are looking at a possibility of the very rare instance of two true freshmen starting for Oklahoma State without even getting redshirted first. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe our last true freshman to All-American was Coleman Scott, and neither Brian Crutchmer (Eddie Klimara just disappeared from our roster, so another Austin Ormsbee down the drain) nor Jordan Rogers are even a Nathan Morgan. I really wish we could give Kindig a redshirt year, he sorely needs it, but there is nobody to put in his stead.
    Anyone know any details here? Kilmara is a stud, weird he'd be off the team before his true freshman season even started...

  6. #24
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    I only have guesses at the moment, he was on the roster last time I checked, but not now. I know Ormsbee got kicked off the team for doing a bunch of stupid that summer and wasn't even going to be able to enroll and that is the only other case I can think of off the top of my head. Klimara's facebook still has him going to Oklahoma State as of Tuesday.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  7. #25

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I am reading several posts saying that the Buckeyes are a year away from competing for the title. Obviously I disagree and I think that if they don't win it, it will only be a result of PSU's bonus points. But, for those of you saying that, is it because the next season will be determined by dual meets? Or was that not in your all's reasoning?
    I'll take a shot at it, since I'm one of those posters. You have the 2 Stiebers who could very well be finalists (Logan for sure, but Hunter is far from a lock). After that I don't see any other guys who would be favored to get to the finals. There are a lot of guys who COULD AA--125 (whoever that turns out to be), Tessari (likely), Phillips, Heflin, Camp (and possibly Demas); but it's not sure that they would necessarily be high AA. 157 and 184 are possible AA's but I wouldn't consider them favored to AA. I think those young guys are a year away from getting enough high placers to have a shot at taking it tall. Just MO.
    Last edited by TomWright25; 08-17-2012 at 05:21 AM.

  8. #26

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I'll take a shot at it, since I'm one of those posters. You have the 2 Stiebers who could very well be finalists (Logan for sure, but Hunter is far from a lock). After that I don't see any other guys who would be favored to get to the finals. There are a lot of guys who COULD AA--125 (whoever that turns out to be), Tessari (likely), Phillips, Heflin, Camp (and possibly Demas); but it's not sure that they would necessarily be high AA. 157 and 184 are possible AA's but I wouldn't consider them favored to AA. I think those young guys are a year away from getting enough high placers to have a shot at taking it tall. Just MO.
    Wow! How many guys do you think will be finalists for PSU? And I'm liking all the love for Hunter but I think Tessari is being over looked. Hunter finished the season with 3 straight losses while Tessari ended his like 7-1 and he placed higher. Heflin AA'ed last year and gets no love. Thats okay though, I don't mind teams looking past them.

  9. #27

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Wow! How many guys do you think will be finalists for PSU? And I'm liking all the love for Hunter but I think Tessari is being over looked. Hunter finished the season with 3 straight losses while Tessari ended his like 7-1 and he placed higher. Heflin AA'ed last year and gets no love. Thats okay though, I don't mind teams looking past them.
    I'm definitely not looking past tOSU. They've got an exciting young team and will be fun to watch. Being so young, it's anyone's guess how well they will do THIS year. You've got to have a lot of guys in top 4 to make a run. tOSU COULD have them, but I'm thinking it's not so likely this year, but more likely 2014.

    You asked how many PSU would have in the finals. Who knows? But, I will be shocked if Taylor and Ruth don't make it. Wright has been in it the past 2 years (albeit at 184--no slouch weight tho) and Megaludis is a finalist. Granted, previous results are no guarantee of future ones. It could be tough for Megaludis to be a repeat finalist, but certainly not out of the question. Both Altons are POTENTIAL finalists as well. And, Brown is at least a solid shot for a top 4 placing.

    But, as I posted before I think anyone in my top 5 could win it all.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •