Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 69

Thread: Anyone else agree?

  1. #10

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Okey st will have quite a few unanswered questions imo. 125,133,Kindig,Dieringer(who inthink will be good)and 84 all have a strong possibility of not getting on the podium

    Thats 5 weights. I dont like them to beat Iowa. Having JO, Caldwell, Z and Perry is awesome but its not a complete team. Rosholt will do fine and get on the podium probably but I just dont think this team has the consistent firepower needed.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  2. #11
    National Finalist 1stplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Okey st will have quite a few unanswered questions imo. 125,133,Kindig,Dieringer(who inthink will be good)and 84 all have a strong possibility of not getting on the podium

    Thats 5 weights. I dont like them to beat Iowa. Having JO, Caldwell, Z and Perry is awesome but its not a complete team. Rosholt will do fine and get on the podium probably but I just dont think this team has the consistent firepower needed.
    This

  3. #12

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Dumb question of the day: Being that I didn't pay much attention to the sanctions placed on Penn State, none of them affect the wrestling team, right?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #13
    National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Well if JO does go 149 (which if John is allowing this then I don't doubt his ability to beat Maple) then we are looking at a possibility of the very rare instance of two true freshmen starting for Oklahoma State without even getting redshirted first. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe our last true freshman to All-American was Coleman Scott, and neither Brian Crutchmer (Eddie Klimara just disappeared from our roster, so another Austin Ormsbee down the drain) nor Jordan Rogers are even a Nathan Morgan. I really wish we could give Kindig a redshirt year, he sorely needs it, but there is nobody to put in his stead.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

  5. #14

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    I am reading several posts saying that the Buckeyes are a year away from competing for the title. Obviously I disagree and I think that if they don't win it, it will only be a result of PSU's bonus points. But, for those of you saying that, is it because the next season will be determined by dual meets? Or was that not in your all's reasoning?

  6. #15

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals.
    I just became a Big Red fan.
    "He beat nobodies..Thorn at 133 won't be great, R12 or worse imo...
    I just don't see it...David Thorn is not elite. I don't think he'll place"

  7. #16

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I am reading several posts saying that the Buckeyes are a year away from competing for the title. Obviously I disagree and I think that if they don't win it, it will only be a result of PSU's bonus points. But, for those of you saying that, is it because the next season will be determined by dual meets? Or was that not in your all's reasoning?
    Those bonus points almost lock PSU into another championship. If tOSU gets a NCAA performance like they did last year they will be up there. Sad to say, but you can never count out Iowa. Ok St has some great guys if they can put it together. Just glad to see some good college wrestling talk back on here. Thanks guys!

  8. #17
    National Finalist 1stplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I am reading several posts saying that the Buckeyes are a year away from competing for the title. Obviously I disagree and I think that if they don't win it, it will only be a result of PSU's bonus points. But, for those of you saying that, is it because the next season will be determined by dual meets? Or was that not in your all's reasoning?
    I said many see tOSU as a year away. I personally do not take one side or the other. I feel like they have enough talent that anything is possible but I really want to see them wrestle before I make a call one way or the other. They are def scary and a bit of a wild card.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Anyone else agree?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stplace View Post
    I said many see tOSU as a year away. I personally do not take one side or the other. I feel like they have enough talent that anything is possible but I really want to see them wrestle before I make a call one way or the other. They are def scary and a bit of a wild card.
    Fair enough. I was just wondering if the dual meet thing was in people's minds. I think it does help their chances because I don't see anyone getting too many bonuses on them in a dual two years from now. But I also think that they can make a run this year.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •