Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Obama be held accountable?

Default Re: Will Obama be held accountable?

Spider I don't disagree with you at all. When Bush spends money it's understandable and necessary. When Obama spends money it's frivalous and wasteful or more big government deficit spending. On the flip side when Obama sends troops into battle it's the right/only option/humane thing to do. When Bush does the same thing he's a war monger.

I would argue however that with the original post of this thread was talking about (cutting the deficit in half) was an Obama promise, and he's done nothing to even attempt to cut the deficit. In fact all he's done is increase the deficit. I'll agree that Bush did the same thing, and I was even more pissed when he did it than now. I also did not vote for Bush, or Obama. I'm also growing tired of the constant excuse that "The other guys do it too." Maybe it's time that everyone puts on their big boy pants and come through with some of their promises, or at least attempt to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Spider I think the bush blame was legit for a time but now its done. He's had the Congress for a time and he's been in charge for for years. He needs to step up and take responsibility. He said he would cut the deficit in half and he hasn't that's not bushes fault, I don't George

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Spider I think the bush blame was legit for a time but now its done. He's had the Congress for a time and he's been in charge for for years. He needs to step up and take responsibility. He said he would cut the deficit in half and he hasn't that's not bushes fault, I don't George
    Perhaps he underestimated the problem by not anticipating the disasterous decline of the global economy. I doubt anyone could have made good on that promise, and I believe that he thought he could do it, but found himself faced with a situation that no one could have predicted. Again, just my naive take on the situation.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Spider I have heard that a lot, but in my eyes he has not even attempted to lower the deficit. In fact he has not proposed (that I am aware of) any cuts whatsoever. I'm sure that there is some pork out there somewhere that he could cut as a show of good faith or to prove that he was indeed serious about the issue. He's also made several other promises about being open and accountable that have gone unmet. He promised to post the entire text of bills online for 72 hrs so that people could read them and tell their reps what the felt about them when in fact his marquee piece of legislation, the affordable care act was only finished for 2 hrs--even the then majority leader said famously "we have to pass the bill to see what's in the bill".

That is one promise that could be easily kept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Spider I have heard that a lot, but in my eyes he has not even attempted to lower the deficit. In fact he has not proposed (that I am aware of) any cuts whatsoever.
    Once again, I shall defer to my main gal, Rachel. She puts in vidyo terms what those of us who get our news from sources other than Wiretap News and AM radyo already know.

http://www.politicususa.com/rachel-m...overnment.html
    Last edited by ban basketball; 08-16-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Spider I have heard that a lot, but in my eyes he has not even attempted to lower the deficit. In fact he has not proposed (that I am aware of) any cuts whatsoever. I'm sure that there is some pork out there somewhere that he could cut as a show of good faith or to prove that he was indeed serious about the issue. He's also made several other promises about being open and accountable that have gone unmet. He promised to post the entire text of bills online for 72 hrs so that people could read them and tell their reps what the felt about them when in fact his marquee piece of legislation, the affordable care act was only finished for 2 hrs--even the then majority leader said famously "we have to pass the bill to see what's in the bill".

That is one promise that could be easily kept.
    Snackem, I can't argue because as I said, I'm not that well versed in the facts. I do believe that Obama is not the scourge that right wing extremists make him out to be, but is honest and well intentioned. I have seen a lot of anti-Obama propaganda that even to my naive eyes is obviously based on half truths and innuendo.

I was on the fence about whom to vote for until Romney chose Ryan as his running mate. To me, that shifted him from a moderate to a hard line right winger, which is a little too extreme for me regarding social issues.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    A little inconvenient fact to consider the next time you wonder why Obama and "his Congress" couldn't get anything done.

Filibusters and Debate Curbs News - The New York Times

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Snackem, I can't argue because as I said, I'm not that well versed in the facts. I do believe that Obama is not the scourge that right wing extremists make him out to be, but is honest and well intentioned. I have seen a lot of anti-Obama propaganda that even to my naive eyes is obviously based on half truths and innuendo.

I was on the fence about whom to vote for until Romney chose Ryan as his running mate. To me, that shifted him from a moderate to a hard line right winger, which is a little too extreme for me regarding social issues.
    You do have to admit, though, that Ryan DOES look like Sammie Henson.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abc_Paul_Ryan_FF_jt_110430_wg.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	3073

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3610953.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	3074

How did Obama intend to cut the deficit to fullfill his promise?

I'm angered by gas prices right now. Yes, the administration says that they don't want these high pump prices. But, that's not what they said BEFORE the 2008 election. One suspects that real beliefs were uttered then, and we are merely hearing political expediency now.

I'm angered when bewildered Washingtonians question why polls show a majority of citizens against the Affordable Health Care act, yet also show those same folks to be FOR certain of it's provisions (like covering pre-exiting conditions). It's like I'm not allowed (or capable) of forming the following question:

"Yeah, I like that provision, but at what cost (to the system)?"

On the flip side,

I'm VERY angry that repubs refuse to consider taxes on the wealthy because they create jobs. Tell me what jobs the financial industry is creating?

Tell me where the money "trickles" to, as those wall street boyos pull their percentages out of the economy, using the money of OTHERS to bet on companies (or indutries) to fail, while greedily creating more and more "instruments" to pull more and more percentage points.

Creating jobs? How about the opposite.

If we won't send them to prison where they belong, at least tax the bastards. SOAK'EM in taxes.

The BS bail out was written by wall street (this is certain). The A H C A was written by the health care industry (probably).

My conclusion: no political party is speaking for me or to me.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.