Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
What jobs today are directly attributed to the stimulus? What growth in our GDP is directly tied to it? Surely you aren't banking on green energy.

I will say this, if all of the money had gone to infrastructure improvements then I would have been for the stimulus, because those projects would have not only improved our nation and created jobs that lasted years, helping local and federal economies. I dont think that anyone would dispute this.
These are some pretty heavy hitters here saying that the stimulus worked. The CBO, alone, is enough for me.

Here's the fact check analysis of it and job creation. FactCheck.org : Did the Stimulus Create Jobs?

This is a review of nine separate studies on the stimulus. The majority show that it was effective. Did the stimulus work? A review of the nine best studies on the subject - The Washington Post

The CBO stating that it worked. Congressional Budget Office defends stimulus - The Washington Post

80% of economic experts and economists state that it was very effective. Poll Results | IGM Forum