Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got JB's strength and conditioning routine?

Default Re: Has anyone got JB's strength and conditioning routine?

Quote Originally Posted by scuba31 View Post
    I have no idea what Burroughs' workout routine is, but I am willing to bet that he does more before 8 am than you will do all week. Instead of laying unfounded claims, get in the weightroom, find a program that works for you and stfu.
    Ye, but how much engineering systems design does he do before 8am? ha

It's interesting you make a very simialar comment to how Karelin responded to allegations he was doping.

This isn't about me, it's about how a wrestler has a strength, power and speed advantage that never happens at this level of wrestling.

I understand the American's are happy, but with JB's limited technical ability and the difference he has in strength, speed and power to rule out the possibility of doping is just naive.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    There is this thing called genetics that helps make some people better athletes than others. Usain Bolt was not born slow, LeBron James was not born short and Jordan Burroughs was not born slow and weak. You add hard work and a strong mind to that and you've got someone who can become far better than others. I would venture to say that every sprinter in the Olympics trained as hard as Bolt but he made them look slow. I would say in Bolt and Burroughs' case that after all the hard work is done, genetics put them over the top.

1. Sprinting isn't wrestling. We almost never see such a dsignificant difference between speed power and strength in wrestling. The time we have seen in the past, it was among particularly dubious athletes.

2. Do we know Bolt isn't doping? No. Do they test year round in Jamaica. No.

What's a Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by scuba31 View Post
    judotool, ever see Mark Schultz?
    I have. I heard he was mediocre, went away for a summer and came back significantly more muscular and 10x stronger and beat everyone in american folkstyle. It's actually funny you bring him up. Maybe he had the same workout routine as Burroughs?

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    This isn't about me, it's about how a wrestler has a strength, power and speed advantage that never happens at this level of wrestling.
    Actually, you are making this about you.

Quote Originally Posted by belushijo View Post
    Actually, you are making this about you.
    Not really. I made an observation. It's not my fault that JB makes the Bulgarian weightlifting team look like ambassadors of the Olympic spirit.

Ive loved the evolotion of your Burroughs hate. He was JUST as dominant last year. You hated him then, but just hoped he was a flash in the pan, you insulted his technique, you predicted him to lose time and time again, and were repeadetly wrong. Now that he's proven you wrong once again, your hatred has turned to a cheating accusation. Do you realize how transparent your hate is?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Not really. YOUR observations are full of innuendo. YOUR observation stems from the fact YOU need to find an exogenous explanation as to why Burroughs is that much better than his opponents, which include YOUR boy Gourdazi.

YOU have the need to search for an explanation which satisfies YOUR idea of how Burroughs should be relative to his competition. YOU do not accept the notion he is just better than the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Ive loved the evolotion of your Burroughs hate. He was JUST as dominant last year. You hated him then, but just hoped he was a flash in the pan, you insulted his technique, you predicted him to lose time and time again, and were repeadetly wrong. Now that he's proven you wrong once again, your hatred has turned to a cheating accusation. Do you realize how transparent your hate is?
    My reasoning is logical.

When he turned up he dominated with limited technique and superior athleticism. I figured over time opponents would increase their physicality, catch up with the physical side of things and thus win with technique.

However the disparity in physical ability between JB and his opponents is just so extreme no body can even get close. This leads me to believe that is is probable that JB has extra assistance. This difference doesn't exist in any other weight class and I can't recall another wrestler being like this (except for some dubious competitors).

You guys can talk about plyometric work outs all day, but his opponents are from Russia and Iran; I think they know a thing or two about plyometric training. You talk like this is kids wrestling and one of them started lifting weights and the others haven't yet.

The beauty about logic is anyone with an agenda and personal bias can construct logical argument, like you have done.

Doesn't mean they are correct.

I would also venture to challenge your claim of Jordan having no technique. That is in fact, illogical. The worst wrestler in the Olympics has better technique than 99% of the wrestling population. There isn't a wrestler in the world who has better technique in neutral than Jordan.