Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got JB's strength and conditioning routine?

Default Re: Has anyone got JB's strength and conditioning routine?

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    How about Karelin
    Hmm late 80's early 90's eastern bloc athlete.

I dunno why you guys are getting pissed at me. I just wanna emulate a workout that makes world champion wrestlers and multiple silver medallists look like there S&C routine was boxercise.

The fact that he is a naturally gifted, explosive athlete with an incredible work ethic AND has found a style that works perfectly for him is what I think makes him a very dangerous wrestler.

I think this box jump speaks for itself when it comes to how explosive of an athlete he is: JORDAN BURROUGHS BOX JUMP! - YouTube

I also just found this video of him working out - lots of jumps, bands, explosive exercises. Trainor Enterprises - workout with Burroughs - YouTube
    Last edited by IloveSATS; 08-13-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    Am I cool now?

Does anyone else realize Gourdazi has a bigger upper body than Burroughs? I struggle to think how he can get so big, but still be slow and tight. Any suggestions?

I have no idea what Burroughs' workout routine is, but I am willing to bet that he does more before 8 am than you will do all week. Instead of laying unfounded claims, get in the weightroom, find a program that works for you and stfu.

From my experience, he just does the same lifts that everyone else does at the OTC. I never really saw him do anything out of the ordinary. I dont know what he does in Nebraska. I know out in Colorado, he lifts 2-3x a week, doing a dynamic warm up and then some Olympic style lifts, same as every other guy.

There is this thing called genetics that helps make some people better athletes than others. Usain Bolt was not born slow, LeBron James was not born short and Jordan Burroughs was not born slow and weak. You add hard work and a strong mind to that and you've got someone who can become far better than others. I would venture to say that every sprinter in the Olympics trained as hard as Bolt but he made them look slow. I would say in Bolt and Burroughs' case that after all the hard work is done, genetics put them over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post

It'd be really interesting to see what sort of strength and conditioning he does.... anyone got his workout regime?
    Running.

To your mom's house.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

judotool, ever see Mark Schultz?

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    Hmm late 80's early 90's eastern bloc athlete.

I dunno why you guys are getting pissed at me. I just wanna emulate a workout that makes world champion wrestlers and multiple silver medallists look like there S&C routine was boxercise.
    Try pilates first.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.