Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

Default Re: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Lord..
    The Tebow reference was just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    After much reflection and insight from a few buddies (Natty Light) I am going to be the first to pick Dake beating the 2009 Burroughs. Dake is like the Tim Tebow of college wrestling. People keep saying he can't do something and he keeps proving them wrong. I say this with the one condition that it has to take place in the NCAA tourney. Just like Tebow leading the Broncos to the playoffs, Dake once again silences the critics.
    It's anyone's guess, but I have to go with Burroughs (2009) even at the NCAA's. Burroughs is no slouch at NCAA's either! I agree that Dake saves his best for that tourney, but I don't think he can handle Burroughs' speed with the power double. As someone else said, I don't think Burroughs goes under Dake--no need to take the chance. Maybe in the future we can have these "virtual matches" and really know who would have won. The power of technology.

I am a Tebow fan, BTW. Sorry, Vais!

Nothing against Tebow. Hes just a horrible Quarterback.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tebow completed 46% of his passes last year. He is absolutely terrible and I wish the media would stop talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    It's anyone's guess, but I have to go with Burroughs (2009) even at the NCAA's. Burroughs is no slouch at NCAA's either! I agree that Dake saves his best for that tourney, but I don't think he can handle Burroughs' speed with the power double. As someone else said, I don't think Burroughs goes under Dake--no need to take the chance. Maybe in the future we can have these "virtual matches" and really know who would have won. The power of technology.

I am a Tebow fan, BTW. Sorry, Vais!
    imo this is how it would go...

FIRST PERIOD

we go scoreless for about 45 seconds before burroughs is in deep on a double, and eventually gets the 2. hed probably ride him for a few seconds to lose a little time and then cut him. it wouldnt be long before burroughs is able to penetrate dakes defense again and end the period with 2 takedowns..

4-1 Burroughs going into the 2nd

I honestly thing if dake were to get the choice he would defer so he could get the choice in the 3rd but jb is defiantly taking neutral in the 2nd period no matter what.

When they begin wrestling again dake would probably be a little more offensive and try to work the score a little. i think dake would eventually hit a left handed high crotch, but would have such a hard time taking burroughs down that it would lead to a stale mate with no points scored. considering dake hasnt been in he position alot he would probably not be very composed and burroughs would score another takedown.. and eventually cut im again..

we go into the 3rd period 6-2 burroughs

dake obviously picks top and tries to work something to score some points. i honestly dont see him cutting burroughs because of his awesome offense.. i think dake rides him out for the period and scores a riding time point..

so i think Jordan Burroughs over Kyle Dake decision 6-3
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

my b tomwright25 i didnt mean to quote you lol
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

I see it panning out like this. Burroughs with an early takedown. But Dake surprises him with a reversal and he rides out the last minute and a half of the period. The ride wears on Burroughs and he is now a half step slower. The reversal gets in his head and he now thinks his only option is to take Dake down and let him up.

Burroughs chooses neutral in 2nd. With his shot being a tad slower, Dake is able to sprawl. Dake attempts a few shots to keep from getting a warning. 2-2 at the end of 2.

Dake chooses down in the third and Burroughs cuts him. But now Burroughs knows he's essentially down by 2 and a takedown will only tie and he also knows he can't hold Dake down. So he panics and takes a bad shot. Dake spins behind and rides out the third. 6-2 Dake.

I love Dake, but I find it funny people actually think Burroughs would lose to a college kid, after being the most dominant wrestler in the world at 163 lbs for 2 straight years. Dake doesn't have a shot against Burroughs in any style except Greco.

Quote Originally Posted by belushijo View Post
    I love Dake, but I find it funny people actually think Burroughs would lose to a college kid, after being the most dominant wrestler in the world at 163 lbs for 2 straight years. Dake doesn't have a shot against Burroughs in any style except Greco.
    We are speculating on Burroughs in 2009. Not now. I agree it would be silly given his obvious improvement over the last three years.