Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

Default Re: Jordan Burroughs(2009) vs Kyle Dake(2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffyn "The Wrestler" View Post
    I honestly thought dake(2012) vs burroughs(2009) was an interesting subject.. i still do, and what i dont think alot of people are realizing is the fact that im not talking about 2012 olympic/world champion burroughs. im talking about burroughs when he was a 57 pounder in college his junior year. the year before that he lost to brent metcalf 2 or 3 times. obviously he got better but if in my opinion if we were to put even 2009 metcalf on the mat with 2012 dake i honestly think dake would win a close dec. like 5-4 or something like that.. im not even saying dake would beat 2009 burroughs all im saying is it would be an interesting match.
    Believe me, I know which Burroughs you're talking about. The jump he made from Soph to Jr. year was amazing. He was darn good in 2008 placing third in the toughest weight of all time. He would have smoked Metcalf/Caldwell if they were at 157 they next year. He was awesome that whole season. Beat some monsters with ease.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

im gonna be honest with you i wasnt even thinking of the 2008 season when they ended up having like all that guys that made all-american eventually become a national champ and i wasnt even thinkin about the fact that burroughs was apart of that. i was actually underestimating jb. when i go back and think about the guys jordan beat and how easily he beat them i actually agree that i dont think dake would beat him by any means. i do think that for the first period it would be interesting and half of the 2nd period would be fun to watch but then dake would just gas and burroughs would just continue to put it on him. i say it ends up being a 10-5 or 9-4 match.
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

I feel pretty comfortable with Burroughs 2009 vs Dake 2012. Now Burroughs 2008 vs Dake 2012 would be interesting. That year (the magical year for 149) Burroughs got to the semis, losing a fairly close bout to Metcalf. That was the closest anyone came to Metcalf at the NCAA's that year. Probably Dake 2012 beats Burroughs 2008, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    I feel pretty comfortable with Burroughs 2009 vs Dake 2012. Now Burroughs 2008 vs Dake 2012 would be interesting. That year (the magical year for 149) Burroughs got to the semis, losing a fairly close bout to Metcalf. That was the closest anyone came to Metcalf at the NCAA's that year. Probably Dake 2012 beats Burroughs 2008, but I'm not sure.
    I could get with that, Tom.

alright then lets do that.. dake(2012) vs burroughs(2008)
    "Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." -Dan Gable

Well, if we do THAT Y not make it Metcalf vs. Dake ? JB was making a pretty big pull to 149-the next few years he thrived when fed .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

After much reflection and insight from a few buddies (Natty Light) I am going to be the first to pick Dake beating the 2009 Burroughs. Dake is like the Tim Tebow of college wrestling. People keep saying he can't do something and he keeps proving them wrong. I say this with the one condition that it has to take place in the NCAA tourney. Just like Tebow leading the Broncos to the playoffs, Dake once again silences the critics.

IF it takes place at NCAAs I might take Dake, if it takes place at any other event my money is on Burroughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    After much reflection and insight from a few buddies (Natty Light) I am going to be the first to pick Dake beating the 2009 Burroughs. Dake is like the Tim Tebow of college wrestling. People keep saying he can't do something and he keeps proving them wrong. I say this with the one condition that it has to take place in the NCAA tourney. Just like Tebow leading the Broncos to the playoffs, Dake once again silences the critics.
    Lord..