Thread: Women's 55kg and 72 kg

Default Women's 55kg and 72 kg

Tough day for USA again. I thought that Bernard should have won that match. Campbell had a good showing against a tough opponent. Gotta hope both of them make the finals now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: Women's 55kg and 72 kg

Bernard now out of the tournament after Sweden loses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Tonya in the semis! Pretty pumped for a potential rematch against Yoshida. She's lost against the Japanese girl for years and years, but her last years final loss was VERY controversial and I really hope this is her year.

Anyone else impressed by the quality of wrestling in the 48 kg final yesterday? Very high pace.

Verbeek v. Yoshida in the 55 kilo finals.

Kelsey Campbell has the Azeri wrestler in the repechage. Winner wrestles the Russian for bronze.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Tonya in the semis! Pretty pumped for a potential rematch against Yoshida. She's lost against the Japanese girl for years and years, but her last years final loss was VERY controversial and I really hope this is her year.

Anyone else impressed by the quality of wrestling in the 48 kg final yesterday? Very high pace.
    I watched a decent amount of the women's wrestling last night on replay. Both finals looked to be high quality wrestling, but most of the other matches did not look like world class wrestling to me. I am comparing this to Judo where I thought the women looked every bit as good as the men.
    Also watched the Mongolian v. Latvia quarterfinal at 63kg and the Mongolian delivers one of the most brutal throws I have ever seen!

Why did Campbell not win that first period? She engaged drove towards out of bounds the girl stepped onto blue and then hit the roll.......I feel like she just got an Iranian job

So which one would you nail? lol
    Last edited by JudoWrestler; 08-09-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Robbery in the first how can they look at the tape and still get it wrong?