Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 33

Thread: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

  1. #10
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    Conversely, he could just feel the UFC is being portrayed in a negative light unjustly, and just spoke out of anger at that fact, not trying to be a bully. It's not like he threatened to beat her ass or anything, he said the article was factually inaccurate and that she was an idiot for writing what she wrote. That's not bullying.

    Here's a guy you might know who runs many successful businesses, and lets just say he isn't known for his PC-ness either:

    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  2. #11

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I agree with everything you said, but the Fertittas would have told him to shut up a long time ago if they didn't like his tough guy act. Perhaps they think he attracts punk kids from junior high school with his act?

    Aren't people bored of this (the ones who liked the cursing). I never liked the act as I prefer the more modest types, and in his case, his history of whipping people in the boxing ring is about as undocumented as Adolf doing so on tatami.
    I disagree. White's antics never affected possible "real" sponsorship. Start attacking women and using anti-gay rhetoric and you become a loose cannon. You work in an office setting, loose cannons quickly get shown the door. It is very different from "Do you want to be a F*c#ing fighter." That is why he made the apology video. You go from courting Coke and Budweiser back to Toyo Tires and Mickey Malt Liquor and White may be out of a job.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

  3. #12

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    I dont think the article was negative. It presented the new rule, got opinions from managers and fighters and even attempted to get comments from ufc. Ufc didnt respond so the only comments were by people who disagreed with the rule.

    There was nothing factually incorrect as it the new rule. The rest was just speculation on why the rule is being put in place and the affects it could have.

  4. #13
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I dont think the article was negative. It presented the new rule, got opinions from managers and fighters and even attempted to get comments from ufc. Ufc didnt respond so the only comments were by people who disagreed with the rule.

    There was nothing factually incorrect as it the new rule. The rest was just speculation on why the rule is being put in place and the affects it could have.
    Well, was it an editorial or a news report. It seemed to me the article portrayed itself as a news piece, but then went beyond that into editorializing. Not only that, but it wasn't just presenting fighters and managers opinions on why they think the rule is in place, but also included such speculation in the actual body of the article, making it sure seem to me, the reader, as if SHerdog and the author were the ones speculating which is flat out bad and irresponsible journalism. Either way, there is no doubt that Dana White reacted poorly given his position.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #14

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Well, was it an editorial or a news report. It seemed to me the article portrayed itself as a news piece, but then went beyond that into editorializing. Not only that, but it wasn't just presenting fighters and managers opinions on why they think the rule is in place, but also included such speculation in the actual body of the article, making it sure seem to me, the reader, as if SHerdog and the author were the ones speculating which is flat out bad and irresponsible journalism. Either way, there is no doubt that Dana White reacted poorly given his position.
    It was a bit of both I mean it obviously wasnt just a straight press release of the new rule. I do think that Hunt agrees with the managers side of the argument but she did go out of her way to give the UFC a chance to give there side of the story.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    I agree with everything you said, but the Fertittas would have told him to shut up a long time ago if they didn't like his tough guy act. Perhaps they think he attracts punk kids from junior high school with his act?

    Aren't people bored of this (the ones who liked the cursing). I never liked the act as I prefer the more modest types, and in his case, his history of whipping people in the boxing ring is about as undocumented as Adolf doing so on tatami.
    We finally get a guy in there who tells it like it is, no PC, no BS, just tells it how he sees it and you skirts want him to tone it down. I hate this country!
    Lets go Brent!

  7. #16
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    We finally get a guy in there who tells it like it is, no PC, no BS, just tells it how he sees it and you skirts want him to tone it down. I hate this country!
    Did you watch the last office? I thought of you when Dwight offered to translate the instructions from German to English and when rejected, said typical americans, getting involved in a war they should have stayed out of, WWII.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  8. #17

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    We finally get a guy in there who tells it like it is, no PC, no BS, just tells it how he sees it and you skirts want him to tone it down. I hate this country!
    Jack Welch was a pretty successful CEO of a little company you may have heard of called General Electric. He was neither PC nor afraid to be blunt about getting his point across, and like White is a South Boston Irishman. They didn't call him "Chainsaw Jack" for nothing. He is considered one of America's greatest executives and did it without ludacris attacks on small time journalists.
    My point is, that White is trying to legitimize the sport. Who gives a rats ass what some reporter writes in an internet story, be above that crap. If you disagree, put out a statement denouncing it as unfactual. Act like the master of the universe not a loan shark on L St. in Southie. He is the face of the UFC's executive branch. He has to lose the tough guy from southie act and realize that HE is what is holding the sport back.
    You see Adolf, it is business not personal.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

  9. #18

    Default Re: Dana White's Rant Sends UFC Down Dangerous Path

    gjfovf always the voice of reason. I may not agree with a whole lot of what most of you speculate about on these boards, but i always know gjfovf is going to shoot straight and tell it how he sees it. That's a quality about Dana White that I admire and respect. Not that there's much more similar between Dana White and gjfovf, (well perhaps the hair style). Thank you for bringing some sort of unbias and sanity to the board. I can't be the only one doing it every time.
    Lets go Brent!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •