Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who should I watch?

Default Re: Who should I watch?

His dad was more of a corner man, his daily workouts were at The University at St. Paris and sometimes at Bellbrook with Cameron Kelly who was a D2 state champion in Ohio this yr as a Frosh.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    His dad is the coach of his HS. As far as being a one man team, a lot of kids are far and away the best on their HS team. He could've transferred to St. Eds id he really wanted to transfer to a good team. There was no need to go out of state. Unless Blair is covering all costs and St. Eds wouldn't do that.
    He wasn't a one man team in the sense that he was the best wrestler on his team. He was the ONLY wrestler on the team. His school literally doesn't have a team. He practices with Graham after school. He's a pretty smart kid and I'm sure the combination of academics and athletics at Blair were very tough to pass up.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I looked that up and would copy and paste it for you if I knew how to do it from a kindle. Anyway, his high school wrestling team had a record of something like 10-11. Now I know the kid is good but I don't think he could wrestle every weight class.

EDIT- Just tried again and I keep finding one site that lists the team as 12-13 or something. But the schools own website doesn't list any sports although it does advertise the lacrosse match coming up. It's not a very good website. I could be wrong. I actually have no clue. I was basing it off of their last years record from one site. But now that I think about it, that would be a lot of duals.
    Last edited by quinn14; 08-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.

There is no team.

That's why, by OHSAA rule, he is allowed to work out with another school's team. He just can't wrestle as a member of their team in competition.

Now in PA, they have rules where two schools can combine wrestlers to form a team under one of the school's name.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    There is no team.

That's why, by OHSAA rule, he is allowed to work out with another school's team. He just can't wrestle as a member of their team in competition.

Now in PA, they have rules where two schools can combine wrestlers to form a team under one of the school's name.
    Well then he should have transferred to Graham or St. Ed's. I will never forgive his betrayal.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

We had a wrestler in Kentucky do something similar. All the other kids on his team quit and the school decided to stop paying for the program so him and his coaches started practicing with St. X. He was at VMI now last time I checked, not sure if he is still on the team.

To be a Kentucky homer Kevin Cooper wrestled some pretty good matches at 145, but was one win short of AA this year. I love watching Mark Hall wrestle, ever sense he tore through Kentucky's state tournament and got screwed in the finals as a 7th grader. If I hadn't choked at regions I would've been his first match, instead I watched the kid who knocked me out of the tournament after busting my head open (I still have a scar) get destroyed (yes I enjoyed it).
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I looked that up and would copy and paste it for you if I knew how to do it from a kindle. Anyway, his high school wrestling team had a record of something like 10-11. Now I know the kid is good but I don't think he could wrestle every weight class.

EDIT- Just tried again and I keep finding one site that lists the team as 12-13 or something. But the schools own website doesn't list any sports although it does advertise the lacrosse match coming up. It's not a very good website. I could be wrong. I actually have no clue. I was basing it off of their last years record from one site. But now that I think about it, that would be a lot of duals.
    One day youll learn Quinn
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Watch Mitch Silga from Fischers Indiana . He'll go B1G in 2 years .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.