View Poll Results: Who wiill win at 84 kg?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sharifov- Azerbayjan

5 20.00%
  • Urishev- Russia

5 20.00%
  • Aldatov- Ukraine

1 4.00%
  • Mashragvilli- Georgia

7 28.00%
  • Sokhiev- Uzbekistan

0 0%
  • Lashgari- Iran

3 12.00%
  • Herbert- USA

4 16.00%
  • other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 84 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Default Re: 84 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

My take too, VA. For an elite level wrestler, Herbert gives up a lot of points. When he won his silver, he didn't have an easy draw but he did draw wrestlers who were willing to get into shoot-outs with him, and his fitness and tenacity won the day (until the finals). A lot of the other guys are willing to counter-wrestle, score off Herbert's mistakes, and limit their own. I'm curious if Herbert has made adjustments defensively this year.

Disappointed Saritov won't compete.

I've got a feeling Lashgari will come through here.

I vote for Sharipov, but Marsagishvili maybe Herbert can make sensation.

I just watched the European final with Urishev and Marsagravilli. Why did Urishev win. The 3rd period was tied 3-3 and Marsa had a 2 point move. I thought that was the first criteria? thanks

The first critera is # of cautions. Apparently the referees decided to give Marsagravilli a fleeing caution when he backed out of bounds, instead of simply giving a 1 pt pushout. However, they did not make this clear and neither the Georgian nor Russian team seemed to know this. A terribly officiated match IMO; the 2 pts forMarsagravilli were also extremely questionable if I remember correctly.

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/free...-2011-a-6.html discussion of the match here, akzent explains the scoring.