Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: good story

Default Re: good story

Carver has great ice cream too. Iowa and Iowa State have great ice cream and a combined 31 national championships. Ohio Schools have no ice cream and zero national titles. Coincidence...Maybe, but I doubt it.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Yes, the Hawkeyes have soft serve my kids love it
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Ohio is rife with tanning beds though.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Oklahoma State has Dippin' Dots for sure. I didn't know it was possible to have a wrestling even without Dippin' Dots actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Oklahoma State has Dippin' Dots for sure. I didn't know it was possible to have a wrestling even without Dippin' Dots actually.
    The ice cream of the future since 92!!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

My mother's pitiful understanding of wrestling despite mine, my father's, and my grandfather's obsession with the sport is infamous. She doesn't know a single wrestler on the team (although to her credit she can still remember about half of the '88 team). My attempts to explain weight cutting to her during my career was often rife with frustration. She thought weight watchers made her an expert.
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    Yes, the Hawkeyes have soft serve my kids love it
    Soft-serve, very fitting...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    That's a cool story. But it sounds to me like you need to do more name dropping. She doesn't know McDonough? Or even your boy Ramos? Communication is important in a marriage Herkey. The only way to salvage this wedded bliss is to constantly talk Hawkeye wrestling until she knows the starting lineup and can recommend who should step in if an injury occurs. Otherwise she will feel shut out.
    Got to agree with you on this one, Quinn. My wife is no wrestling fan, but she knows at least Molinaro, Taylor, Ruth, Wright, Alton. I think Herkey needs to have a little more communication with his wife. We can't be on TWT all the time! Now your goals, Quinn, are a little higher than mine. If I tried to get my wife up to speed enough to recommend replacements it will mean I had overtalked the subject. That could be deleterious to the relationship. You need to balance that fine line of letting her know just enough to be mildly conversant but not going on too long about it! To put the shoe on the other foot--my wife needs to take me on brief search-and-destroy shopping trips. Anything longer is also not helpful to our relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Quinn, I talk about wrestling all the time. She just doesn't listen to me.
    Herkey--I hadn't read your response when I responded to Quinn's post. You've got a challenging, but common problem. I wonder how many guys that post here have a wife that's significantly interested in wrestling. Probably not many. Otherwise we'd be talking to our wife instead of posting on here so much! But here's a suggestion. The next time she talks and talks about something that is really important to her, listen attentively, ask questions, give good non-verbal signals. Then when she's done, say that there are some things you'd like to talk about. She'd have to give you equal attentive time. (OK--maybe not HAVE TO. . .but it's a chance. . .)