Thread: which shoes should i get?

Default which shoes should i get?

I have two choices, one is the Asic Cael V.4 :http://www.jrwrestling.com/images/ca...er%20black.jpg
    or the the Adidas Adistar beijing : http://www.matfish.com/images/adi%20...Shoes-2009.jpg
    The asic is cheaper but i wouldnt mind paying the full price for the adidas

Default Re: which shoes should i get?

First of all, why do you only have two choices? There are many more wrestling shoes out there than two. Second of all, what does it really matter? If you're concerned about winning wrestling matches, then save the money and attend a camp. If you're just worried about looks, play basketball. Shoes do not determine the outcome of a match. All you need is good tread so they don't slide on the mat when driving for a takedown or half nelson.

Personally, I'd get some old school, crappy looking shoes and prove to everyone that the wrestler makes the shoe. Not the other way around.

well those are the two choices i narrowed down to. i do see your point but i dont have access to them and wanted to see if any one had any knowledge on either shoe. I like the idea of those old shoes haha ill ask my coach if i could use his old ones

I reccomend neither of those shoes. Many of my guys have wore Caels and they fall apart too quickly. I never reccomend adidas for the same reason. Aggressors are the most durable shoe out there. Asics matflex and split second are pretty good also if you dont want to put out aggressor type of money.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Gables

I have a pair of gable ultimates, they're really good. I can't vouch for the "old school" Gables though.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.