Thread: World's largest Democracy had food problems at Military World Games

Olympic Champ

Default World's largest Democracy had food problems at Military World Games

The largest sporting event ever conducted in India has come to a close. Recognized as the world's largest democracy, India has hosted the 4th Military World Games with incredible skill and commitment. Almost 5,000 participants in 13 different sports, from over 100 nations, will say farewell to a country that most competitors thought they would never visit. They also say farewell to their hosts and new friends who have made this such a memorable experience.

In the 4th Military World Games athletes lived on military installations around the city, with each installation designed like an Olympic Village. Each day the dining facilities would be filled with people from different countries sitting together and talking. It brought more people together from more different countries than almost any other endeavor short of the United Nations.

http://www.themat.com/index.php?page...rticleID=17296

I see they were all sitting at the dining facilities and talking BUT were all of them eating anything there?

Odd question but the Russian website says there was not enough food for everyone at the games and the food was strictly Indian which was not friendly to many people that are not used to Indian cuisine.

Russians say they bought some kitchen utensils and food at the local market and cooked their food themselves at the Games.

Olympic Champ

Default Re: World's largest Democracy had food problems at Military World Games

As you can see, nothing in an American write-up mentions any of this, unlike numerous criticisms of the World championships in Baku.

Olympic Champ

I'll eat Indian food anyday, everyday.

I agree with matclone. Maybe the food really wasn't as big of a deal as you are making it Big.
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

Olympic Champ

Hey I am posting what I read on the Russian site. The title of the article read: To perform successfully we had to cook our food ourselves.

Olympic Champ

Here is the article. The last three words in the title read: "ourselves cook food".

http://www.wrestrus.ru/article.asp?id=1925

Olympic Champ

I know from experience that Indian cuisine is not everyone's cup of Chai. Can't say I understand it, but, I guess it's not for everyone.

Oh, nice article, Big. I'm sure everyone here will agree.

Reasons to complain about Baku ... where do I begin?

I will take "Dirty countries for 100 Alex..."
    Champions are made while no one is watching.